Checking in daily for the next ten days

I’ve been dancing around this for too long. So added some strategies, am reaching out, trying to keep myself accountable. So I’m going to check in here for the next ten days. A A meeting tomorrow. I’ll post after that. This is my danger time, the time when I would normally crack that box of wine and begin the evening’s drinking until I pass out. So, done doing that. One of the suggestions I read about was giving that voice in my head that says it’s okay to drink a nickname. I did, and its name is Asshole, as in, “Hey, asshole, STFU, get lost, enough of your bullshit, because no, I really don’t want to wake up feeling like death on toast tomorrow morning.”

9 Likes

Forget ten days, check in daily permenantly on the checking in daily thread. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Little goals were always good for me too. Wine is a real bitch. Good to let that shit go. Believe me, your head and body will thank you.

3 Likes

Haha I like the name you gave the devil- hey asshole beat it!! Feel free to check in daily on the check in daily thread, I’ll be following your progress!

1 Like

I check in daily since my day one 469 days ago, so come join me! It works!

4 Likes