Checking in daily to help maintain focus

Fantastic!! What a great accomplishment!

Awesome job!!

Congrats on making it through another day without a drink! We support you and your hard work L3AH. Keep pushing :grinning::muscle: You got this.

Yea, that’s probably it. I’m feeling better now. I hope tomorrow I’ll be back to normal. I’m still a little scared to eat. I ate once today and I’m still feeling it :see_no_evil:

Thank you guys for all the well wishes. I’m feeling better now but there is still some place for improvement. On the bright side…there is no place for alcohol thoughts when you’re living on the toilet 24/7 :joy::joy: Even though, everybody has told me to have some rakija to make me feel better. Rakija is a remedy for everything…too bad it’s alcohol :joy:

1. Took the dogs to the beach again this morning. Have some cleaning to do today.

Keep walking over the waters

What a beautiful picture!! How blessed you are to see that view in the morning

Thanks! Buttnugget

Thank you! It’s a good day.

I have been sober for a little over 11 yesrs and 2 months. I am doing good today, even though we have a bad Hurricane headed right for us, here in Newport, NC. It’s supposed to hit land in a few days, and we have been ordered to evacuate. We will be going to a local shelter, but not until tomorrow night or Thursday morning. I am pretty worried because we live in a mobile home, and it may not be here when we come back next weekend. Please pray for us.

Happy Birthday!!

Day 172.27. still going.

Day 41. Sick as a dog :sneezing_face::mask: unfortunately I don’t have any PTO from work, so I have to just deal with it. Hopefully I’ll feel better tomorrow! :hugs:

Oy, not you too! (pours chicken soup all over the forum)

Feel better! :heart:

Day 544 of sobriety :pray:

Good early morning sober world! :blue_heart:

On my way to internship, getting closer and closer to my nursing degree, one day at a time. Still loving life! :green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:

Wishing you all a beautiful day!

Aww! Thank you so much! I know there’s something going around, so I’m hoping my body keeps doing what it’s been doing and I’ll feel better by the weekend!

Feel better soon :sneezing_face:

Day 234. Found out today my alcoholic cousin is about to die of liver failure. He’s only 39. He’s been in and out of rehab, jail, and sobriety since he was a teen. I haven’t seen him in many years and we’re not close but I remember drinking a lot with him at family gatherings. Makes me feel so sad and angry that this disease is so insidious that even knowing that drinking will kill him (Dr. told him this several years ago), he couldn’t stop.
Sobriety is so worth it. Keep fighting, everyone. :blue_heart:

A distant family member died last year at the age of 42 or the chirrosis of liver…once you get to that stage there’s really nothing that can be done. As for the nature of the disease where being told you’ll die isn’t enough to make us stop…I came close to dying many times and that did nothing for me. That wasn’t my rock bottom…Mine was when I was laying at home sick as fuck, realising I had noone and nothing there to help me anymore…I had made a deal at rehab with my parents that they’d stop enabling my drinking…after that when I had no money, no food etc I finally mustered up the will to survive…then it was AA that came to the rescue later…