Checking in daily to help maintain focus

Day 99. Therapy session was helpful yesterday.

Kudos. Welcome to join the club.

Amazing. Kudos.

And on day 31, taking my Son up to watch Basketball game at my College, should be fun night…

34 DAYS TO GO!!!
for one year sober and clean. I can’t wait. I’m so thrilled and happy that my life is back on track. Giving drugs and drink up was the best choice I’ve ever made in life and I will NEVER go back.

Soooo happy.

Checking in day 49…

Kept pretty busy today. Gym, went to breakfast with my Dad, helped a friend lay a subfloor in their living room, drained the Hot Tub & now grilling some chicken for dinner.

Hope everyone had a great day.
Stay Strong, Stay Sober!!!

Congratulations!!! So good to see you still going.

Day 644 thanks to the good lord. Work is nonstop and life is amazing. Hope everyone is staying strong. God bless and keep it going.

Day 22. Tired AF. Haven’t slept well these last three days or nights or whatever. 1 1/2 weeks left of school :grimacing: I think I’m getting gray hair.

So I realized, I have been sober for 46 days in a row today, and 58 days earlier this year, and today is the 311th day of the year, so far, I’ve been sober for 33% of 2018 so far.

small

I’m glad to hear it. Keep up the good work brother.

Day 4. Went my second AA meeting, and like the first, it was cancelled. Drove right by the liquor store and came home. Maybe this SoberTime is my jams for recovery since AA keeps eluding me.

I remember many times early on driving by the liquor store and coming home. There will be many battles. You get through it one victory at a time.

That’s frustrating! Hang in there. I downloaded an app called “Meeting Guide” it helps find meetings in your area. Depending on where you are in the world, you might have to find a similar app, if you haven’t already. Good luck to you!

Second check in. 1 day 5 hours 47 mins. Just ate my first homemade meal in probably 6 months, stuffed peppers with a glass of almond milk. I’ve still been so so tired , but I’m just happy I actually sleep again. It was a great, sober day :slight_smile:

Bringing my day 26 to a close. Been an interesting one… Started the day with a meeting. Had a heart full of joy for most of the day.

At 4pm a thing happened at work that caused me to hit the roof. I ranted and raved to my sympathetic coworkers, but did NOT respond to the offending email. I decided to sleep on it. I’m still annoyed but hoping to have a new perspective after a night’s sleep.

Earlier in the day, I was texting with an alcoholic ex who I still have to deal with as we co-own property. I informed him that I was getting sober and got disparaging responses. After wanting to respond and escalate, I paused, let it sit for a bit, until I responded to say that if he didn’t have anything supportive to say, to not say it and that I hoped he has a great day. He immediately apologized and suggested some sobriety books he has enjoyed in his past stints at sobriety.

Lesson for me - don’t react quickly. Let things for a bit until the volatility in my response starts to fade and I’m really confident about my approach.

This is so true in so much of life

Just checking in on day 17. I went to my first aa meeting today and I met some great people there. I was a little nervous at first but as everyone began introducing themselves as they arrived I felt more comfortable. I heard many great stories and I gained a lot of insight from them. I received a 24 hour coin and I love what it says - "Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference ". It was an interesting experience and I plan on going to another meeting.

Thank you all for Congratulations and inspiring words :two_hearts::pray: Please know that it is possible, one day at a time! That is how I do it :muscle: Today,
Just for today I will not drink
Just for today I will spread :purple_heart: and :sunny:

Day 601 here, wherever you are in your sobriety just keep on keeping on!