Checking in daily to help maintain focus

Congratulations on 3 months, Mandi. What an amazing accomplishment! And I’m right there with you on the topic of dieting. I am definitely looking to radically change my diet, whether that be paleo, keto, or whole 30 (still weighing the options). But know that you’re such an inspiration to me and I’m looking forward to the next 90 & 270 days of sobriety!!!

I’ve done all but keto but my bff did, good stuff in all of them! :heart:

Checking in on day 207. I feel super sensitive today and I’m assuming it’s hormones or getting sick. But I wanted to post for the sake of accountability. I’m not going to act out, of course, but I would very much like a big strong hug.

Sending hugs your way and praying for you to have an extra dose of wisdom, strength and courage today. :two_hearts:

Glasses, yes! Also, I KNOW where my mind was at the night before, and can account for my actions. I hate wondering and cringing about what stupid things I did on Facebook, who I messaged in the middle of the night, what person or people might be thinking “There he goes again, he’s just a drunk, wow he’s out of control”. I like knowing I was of sound mind and didn’t do any of that.

Checking on day 11. Sticking to my guns, waking up early, working out, still eating right for the most part…or at least not eating an entire bag of white chocolate Reese’s Christmas trees in a sitting…need to get this snacking in check!!!

Have a strong day!!!

Not me. I’m snacking, chunky and proud😁

You are right. I suppose that’s why you always here take it one day at a time. Thinking about these up coming events is giving me anxiety but I just need to focus on today. Thanks you!

You can’t turn a pickle back into a cucumber. Once a pickle, never a cucumber.

This is probably the first time that I thought the number 666 was something to celebrate!!! Congrats.

I tried keto and I didn’t enjoy it. BUT, I was doing it as a vegan. It is REALLY hard to get high enough fat and low enough carbs. I was eating fat bombs all the time!!

I still try to eat low carb…or at least get the carbs through fewer grain or starchy sources. But then again, I had pasta for dinner on Monday, and gnocci for dinner last night. I guess I failed on that.

Good morning. Usually I check in at night but today I needed a morning check in. I’m about to do an experiment (I work in a lab) with a scientist that is just pissing me off…treating me like I’m a dumb student or something. He just does not trust his technicians. Stupid thing is that I am older than him and have probably been working in the field longer. But apparently his PhD makes him a GOD with no faults and my BSc makes me an idiot who can’t follow instructions. :frowning:

Wish me luck. I’ll check in again later.

Maintaining sobriety with that schedule like yours proves to me you have some ironclad fortitude sister. On top of that, you are able to actually care for people during moments of their life when they need it most. The sacrifices of a nurse don’t get recognized enough. You’re a flippin’ angel, woman! Thanks for showing up every day.

Probably far too long ago but I’m drinking lots and lots of liquids! It’s about all I can keep down comfortably anyway. I don’t even know who my doctor is anymore since mine left lol, maybe I should remedy that and find one that I dont have to teach on autoimmune stuff like the last one I had.

Hoping that you find something inspiring in your day to take your mind off of the crummy feelings for a bit, at least. Also hoping that the burliest, beardliest person ever walks into your life reeking of fresh baked sugar cookies to give you that hug you deserve so much. Virtual hug inbound! :hugs::v:Hang tough!

Try to keep it under control now, I sure wish I had! Lol. I gained 25 lbs by eating sugar after I quit drinking. Time for that to go!

Oh, definitely. Nothing says counterproductive like burning 350+ calories in a workout, only to eat 4-5 Reese’s afterwards, and negate the entire thing. Hahaha.

Day 82, checking in!

Woke up this morning and my brain was quick to stoke the flames of inadequacy and resentment. I sincerely prayed (not something I do often) and then did some breathing techniques I’ve learned from guided meditation to let go of the feelings after laying in bed and being with those feelings for a few minutes. I feel better! I know it won’t always be this way…but at least I have discovered a method to help to handle those negative thought patterns. Let’s just pray that I remember to use them when those feelings arise.

I can feel that my higher power is working and leaving me breadcrumbs to follow. I have to keep a clear head so that I can continue to see them.

Read something that I didn’t even realize I am grateful for. I am grateful for the lessening craving for escape in all forms. I believe they call that serenity. Lol

Yo. That’s called balance. Lol