Checking in daily to help maintain focus

That’s a huge accomplishment man! Congrats!!

Congratulations man!

Thanks my friend!

Thank you sir!

I’m not sure if I said this in response to another one of your posts (and I’m reiterating some of what you said above) but if you focus on what you need to do, to be the person you are trying to be, things will settle down for you two. However, I’m not sure if she’s the type to start arguments and re hash the past… If so that’s a little harder.

You two might disconnect if you start to just be inwardly focused on your growth. And I don’t personally think there’s anything wrong with that. You both seem hurt from recent actions. You need to let some calm time pass.

You can’t make anyone do anything, and it will drive you crazy trying.

Try to be present in your day where you are thinking of what you are grateful for and reflect… If you could, try to see yourself from the outside looking in. What would you see? Would you like what you saw? It’s easy to focus on what the other person is doing or not doing. But then you’re almost making them responsible for your feelings. She went out and had a good time. Trust me I’m sure you had every right to feel annoyed. But I had so many days with my kids, when they were your kid’s age, that I just wanted to get the day over with. Where I was angry and resentful at my husband for XYZ. I wasted so much precious time with them… And with myself. I could have grown. What I was doing was numbing my mind with alcohol (you could replace this with any other drug/lust etc), distracting myself from the real issues within myself.

I think you’re doing a really good job putting yourself out there. You’re in a place (it seems) like everything feels uncomfortable and scrambled, unclear. Give yourself, your wife, your child some time. You’ll find the answers eventually and you’ll grow along the way.

What does your ultimatum entail?

Woot, woot!! :star_struck:

Ha ha, did you tried the same lips as the girls behind you? :joy: You made me smile!

Welcome in the 90 days club :grin: :+1:
Congratulations @Dasindog :tada:

Day 95 :ribbon:
Day by day I’m closer to the triple digits, I like that! I love my sober numbers, they also are keeping me sober! I would hate it to start back again at day 1. It was hard to get at 95, and I don’t want to do it all over again. Ever!
So today I don’t drink.
Let’s celebrate every sober number! :tada:
So congratulations with yours!! :trophy:
I’m proud of you all!
:heart:

Yeah!!! 90 days Dan. Cool.:grinning:

Checking in day 50.
It’s not been easy. But it is getting easier.
Thinking about checking out some external help in the new year. I don’t think that AA has got the set up in the UK that there seems to be in the US. But I only went to 4 meeting about 3 years ago. There is another thing that I was given the details for 4 years ago that is a self referral charity, that the nhs backs called swanswell. I did go to a few appointments but it ment loosing half a day and of course all I could see then was that I was loosing drinking money!
Anyway, happy to be where I am. Half a hundred!
Have a good sober day people! :grinning:

Congrats Dan! :tada:

You are so awesome, my friend :bird: and such an inspiration to me. Thanks for being here and being sober :two_hearts:

Love that you are thinking about finding some extra support in this journey - that shows serious commitment. I know I can take all the help I can get. And you know what? Turns out that help helps!! Don’t know what it took me so long to figure that one out 🤦

Day 5 sober check.

Good morning day 70! I’m exhausted as I stayed up late and got up early. It’s going to be a ‘lots o coffee’ kind of day. Some day I will need to deal with my coffee intake, but today is not that day. I can only fight one fire at a time.

I’m going to get to my morning meeting, then last day of work before before 5 days off.

My goals for Xmas are: don’t drink, keep trying to do the next right thing, get to the other side unscathed.

Love y’all :two_hearts:

:business_suit_levitating:Nice job on 90 days! That’s awesome! :business_suit_levitating:t2:

Day 11.52. Wearing shorts today as the temp will be in the high 60’s :+1:t2:. Hitting as many meetings as I can has really been good for me; so glad to be back in a good routine and focused on Sobriety. I wish I had more time to read through all your posts and comment but I don’t. Just know that I’m sending out good vibes to you all and I hope you have a safe and sober day!

Congratulations Dan! I love seeing those numbers growing. Stay strong. Hugs.

There you go @Buts! Every number is worth celebrating. Thank you for keeping the positive vibe and humour on the forum. Looking forward to your triple digits. Much love.
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: