Checking in daily to help maintain focus

59 is a hell of a lot, tomorrow you hit 2 MONTHS without booze! Woot woot!

Day 338. Yep 338. Blimey …
Work : same old …but i feel valued… va bene …

Questa sera ? Sto studiando un po’ d’Italiano… since i stopped drinking in january i feel challenged …But now i just feel thankful for Robin creating this space.

Have a nice evening folks

Still day 76! All clear from the abdominal scan. No permanent damage. :slight_smile:

Awesome! That’s gotta feel good. I have mine in February, so I’m in suspense until then.

D11. All good.
Feeling ready to see some mates this Friday. Will drive and put myself on-call so can’t be tempted to drink.

Day 45. Quit my dream job. Sober. There is no room for assholes in my life unless they are four legged. Two legged ones are not worth causing me to relapse. Happily ever after. Tomorrow is a brand new day.

Day 740. Passed the 2-year mark 10 days ago.
740 days ago I knew enough was enough.
It’d only taken half a lifetime to realise the catch 22 I’d gifted myself - drown in booze to forget my past, but ruin my present and future in the process.
Some gift, eh.
I don’t post much now, haven’t for the last 18 months or so. Most of the regulars from 2 years ago have moved on. It may be part of the nature of recovering - I’m not smart enough to know!
I still check into the forum every day though, because Talking Sober and every one of you, past and present, helped and continue to help me to achieve this remarkable thing.
And I’m not dumb enough to take the chance of walking away from a real gift - courtesy of yourselves and @Robin.
Thanks!

White chocolate Christmas Reese? Omg. Where can I find these…

This is so amazing to read. Thanks so much for sharing :two_hearts::two_hearts:

Awesome that TS continues to be valuable for you. I’m glad that you’re still here with your TS experience and your sobriety, it’s an asset :slight_smile:

Yeah it was good to get it done. Id reccommend it to anyone who has gone sober - great relief.

That’s so cool man.
Keep checking in. I’m sure there’s a lot of people, such as myself, who could benefit from your insights.

Quit your dream job? I’m so sorry to hear that.
I’m sure you had good reasons, but shit, that sounds like a bummer. Need to vent about it?

Day 54. Quiet night at home to myself. Listened to audio book, read, sat by fire, ate, generally relaxed.

I feel present in the moment, which gives me an interesting tingly physical sensation.

Day one again. This has been a really hard year for me but I’m not going to give up. I have a dream that I want to see come true. And I got a new sponsor. Today is my new date, its a good one.

Congrats!! So proud of you! You have hit this head on, no looking back :sunglasses: something like 5% of 5% get to 90 days :slight_smile:

91 days here. Feeling good :blush: gotta start working off the sweets. The holidays aren’t helping lol

Day 131. I’m home, tired, but should probably go for a run. Too bad it’s raining! (rain stops, glare at my HP)

…guess I’m going running then.

So glad you’re still at it! It’s good to see someone from the old days. I’ll hit 2 years in March.

I worked out this morning. Just devoured a gargantuan triple chocolate cupcake for dinner. I’m telling myself I’m carb loading lol for tomorrow morning’s workout :roll_eyes: #counterproductive
Day 127