Checking in daily to help maintain focus

Day 12 :grin::grin::sunglasses: thanks for the support

That’s been my mentality for a while now with sugar and over eating :disappointed_relieved:… Feeling like I deserve it because I’m not drinking or because things out of my control are stressful. So tired of giving those things control and I’m not doing myself any favors feeling like I deserve it lol I deserve balance in my diet.

I think its kinda fine. Perhaps just as long as you do exercise too. Eventually the sweeties wont be attractive anymore and then all is well. I ate a whole pack of cookies last night :rofl:

You in the UK?

Checking in day 318! It’s been a long time since I’ve checked in here, but since getting sober some issues around food have come to the fore and I’ve been dealing with my anorexia. Still devoted as ever to staying sober! Can’t wait to celebrate a year :purple_heart::yellow_heart::purple_heart:

since I’ve got sober I’ve dealt with some really uncomfortable feelings and traumas. But I’ve also been living life with a fullness and quiet joy that I’ve never known. Since getting sober:

• I became a university professor at my dream university, NYU
  • got my drivers license
  • got a book deal for my dissertation
  • would buy things BEFORE than ran out (that’s been a big one!)
  • I’ve continued therapy and started seeing an eating disorder nutritionist
  • I’ve started taking vitamins
  • I’ve been a better partner and better parent to my cats :slightly_smiling_face:
  • worked a full time job and part-time job at the same time
  • started writing a memoir

There is more to add to this list, but it’s so important to take stock of what you’ve achieved in sobriety sometimes!

Ruby xxx

Yep. You can probably guess where from the bloody horse racing!

Haha I totally agree with you. I think it was fine for me in the beginning and still ok now that I have some sober time but it’s starting to affect my mental state because it’s going against who I am-if that makes sense. I’ve always had a healthy diet because not eating well really affects my mood way more than I’d like. So it’s definitely something I need to get a handle of.

Cookies sounds good tho :wink:

Wow!!! I’m so impressed and happy for you :blue_heart: :purple_heart: what a lovely post to read @rubyslippers. Happy to see an update from you.

Hello Friends! Having a great sober day!

Day #3
Keep hope alive

Stepping into day 6 / according to TS stats, I have now officially beat my average 4.23 days of sobriety between resets. Small victories…have a great Friday and weekend.

As a fellow prof in the Midwest, congrats! These are all amazing and inspiring things.

So have a case of flavored sparkling water and veggie burger fixings for the weekend. If the weather becomes nicer I might go for a walk along the Lake but otherwise plan on staying in my alcohol-free apartment playing Guild Wars 2. Have been considering asking for a mentor in Refuge Recovery but feel like I should string together more sober days to show a prospective mentor that I am serious about sobriety. In the meantime lots of meditation and meeting participation with Refuge Recovery online while my mind and body heal.

@Lionfish Thank you so much! Is this available in stores or do I need to purchase it online?

You sound troubled and lonely Daniel. I’m sorry for your suffering. I wish there was something I could say to help you make sense of all this - or if there is, I wish I knew what it was. When you get to your rehab, will there be someone there you can talk to, help you find another way of being in the world and with people as it were?

I have already started paperwork to see my old psychiatrist and get back on my anti depressant medication. I thought I could substitute it with working out and sports like when I was younger. But I am seeing that’s not enough. I really appreciate your concern thank you :pray:

1. I am lucky, this area has over 400 AA meetings a week. Decided to go to a specific one tonight. It was one of the 5 I went to on my day 1. I was too scared to go in 357 days ago. Might as well go see what I missed.

Checking In. Nothing exciting to share, except for that today is THE. LAST. DAY. of my cleanse and tomorrow I can have coffee again :hugs: Work tonight :crescent_moon::new_moon_with_face::baby:t2: Hope everyone had a wonderful Friday! Everyone stay sober!! lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Xxx bed time. Check in. Sober