Checking in daily to help maintain focus

Checking in Day 207 - hi everyone :slight_smile:

After smashing out something like a 75/80 hr week, I’ve got today off and a half day tomorrow for an internal audit. I’m going to spend the day reading and organising my next big trip :slight_smile: One thing I’ve realised on my sober journey is that I must have something to work towards that I can look forward to so motivation is going to go through the roof. I’m a bit dissappointed in myself because my nicotine habit seems to be getting pretty ridiculous but ill figure it out soon as. Im going to keep a close eye on the Quitting Smoking thread for inspiration :slight_smile:

Im really happy for everyone on here meeting milestones and hitting goals and getting better every day. :slight_smile:

Setting goals for motivation is so important. It’s so easy to get stuck in a rut so to speak and when bordem creeps in nothing good can come from it.

Day 196! Getting close to the 200 club! It’s a wonderful feeling. I’m so thankful for my sobriety, my strength, my loved ones, and the majority of people on this forum. I’m at a place in my life where I know I am on the right track and it feels wonderful.

Stay strong everyone. :heart:

Checking in, Day 275

Aww, I’m sorry :hushed: I was just happy to hear it instead of traffic​:unamused: Rubie wasn’t impressed though, poor kitty.

March 24th?

I might have to be snowed in for the entire winter right now to find 100 things I’m grateful for lol :joy:. Each day passing I’m finding more and more which is making me happy or happier which is helping me be grateful for more in my life, but 100 phew lol idk about that just yet :rofl:

Checking in on day 70!
Gotta say I just love reading this thread, it’s heartwarming to see the ups and downs of recovery and everyone supporting each other. You all are an amazing group of people :heart::heart::heart:

That’s really great to hear @MandiH, take care of yourself being priority 1! I’m very sorry about your loss as well :confused:. I hope the time available to you helps heal you in the different ways you need for yourself right now :heart:. Hoping you have a great start to your week today :hugs:.

Checking in day 2 - obtained a cold :frowning: so ill more than likely be a bit quieter as im going to go to bed and rest shortly

Having a bad day too…after a great weekend. Hang in there! :muscle: feelings pass like clouds in the sky…

Day 15
Not feeling very well. Cravings are back. Hope the night will take them with him. Wishing you and myself very good sleep to heal, to rest, to strengthen.

Day 37.
Had a bad night, woke up at 4am and could not fall back at sleep for 1,5 hrs. Annoying.

Decided to try to limit my caffeine intake, lately it has increased to 4 or 5 mugs but it’s too much. So only drank 1,5 mugs today. Now sleeeeppyy!

Day 50 here. I don’t interact much in here, however I do read all the comments every day and it’s helped me a lot. Keep up the good work that happens on this thread, I love so much how you all help each other out so much and encourage too. Many thanks to all that post :slightly_smiling_face:

Congrats on your 50! :tada:

2 months.

Super emotional day. Worked a lot with serious issues with my coworkers, mediated situations. Talked about feelings with friends. Feel loved.

I am going to cry and this time I won’t stop myself. I am so full of sadness and happiness and I need to cry it out. First time I feel good about emotions getting all the way to the surface with no need to try and numb it with alcohol, food or selfharm.

I am grateful for this life.

Just thinking about you Charlie, how are you doing?

Checking in ending day 3. I know it’s for the best but I’m really mourning red wine

I switched to cargo pants when I turned 50. Figured no one would judge, and I’m now too old to give a shit. Loose and comfortable, and I can head-kick in them (provided I’ve been diligently stretching). I have three modes of dress these days: don’t give a crap, headed to the dojo, and going to see a customer.

Totally awesome. For me too it’s to be more comfortable and “ready”, with a mix of letting my feminine side emerge. To flow and move freely, with ease and more delicacy… And to drop kick need be (who am I kidding… I always wanted to take self defense classes. I’ll find some to do with my kiddo) :wink: