Checking in daily to help maintain focus

Best of luck Hanna, I hope you’ll pass and reap all the rewards of your work

2 Likes

Checking in on day 133 and trying to figure out either going to the mainland and visit my daughter in Santa Cruz or just have her come here or do both cause there is a few things I wanna do in Cali. I guess its up to my higher power and just let it happen as it happens and stop stressing about for now.

15 Likes

Day 0. Not sure how I feel about this. Have done this so many times. Not much confidence tbh. All l I can do is try, I guess.

12 Likes

Checking In - Its been another crazy few days in the madhouse that I call “work” and things were getting on top of me. My sobriety is safe for now but I want more. I know I need to make that happen and I will - The message on Sober First a week or so ago was ‘Invest in your future happiness - You’re going to be spending the rest of your life there’ and it felt very appropriate. So thats what I plan to do. Im not entirely sure where to start…but it’s going to be one hell of a journey figuring it out :slight_smile:

19 Likes

For 22 years i “tried”. Then it litterally came down to be sober or die. Mindset is either a hinderance, or a helping hand. Do not try, do! You are worth a sober life

5 Likes
  1. Mowed the dandelions. I am one of the weird few, that loves the beauty of a field of dandelions.

22 Likes

Holy cow. Day 30. One full month. I’m so excited and proud of myself. I’ll commemorate with an appropriate quote from LOTR:
Sam:
This is it.

Frodo:
What?

Sam:
If I take one more step, I’ll be the farthest away from home I’ve ever been.

Frodo:
Come on, Sam. Remember what Bilbo used to say: “It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no telling where you might be swept off to.”

Here’s to keeping our feet.

20 Likes

66 days sober. Quick check in. Good meeting and happy to share with friends in the Church. Connection helped me a lot :child:t4::woman:t4:‍🦱:blonde_man:t5:‍♂:bearded_person:t6::boy:t4::man:t4:‍🦱:woman:t3:‍🦳:older_woman:t2:

17 Likes

@Thirdmonkey I love it too!!! :blossom::blossom::blossom::blossom:

2 Likes

One day, I am just going to let them grow

3 Likes

So why did you mow the dandelions? :thinking:

Because the grass they were in was almost ankle deep…if

1 Like

Day 214. Got my 7 month chip tonight. It’s hot orange.

31 Likes

Day 800something. I’ve been trying my hand at the whole finding a good woman and dating thing. So far I’ve had 3 different women where things were going well and then they find out I dont drink at all and its over. Its frustrating knowing as a drunk I could have had a chance but since Im not a loser I get denied and seen as boring. It will not tempt me though. Id rather be sober, without a woman, and successful than be drunk, with a whore, at rock bottom.

18 Likes

Woot woot! (This is a complete sentence).

3 Likes

I am starting over. I went to my regular AA meeting tonight, picked up a new white chip. I reached out to a fellow member I admire and respect last night. I asked him to be my sponsor. We met before and after the meeting tonight to chart a course for me - my plan of action. I don’t like having a sponsor, but I know it is what I need. I’ve had a few sponsors in the past, but I chose those men because I knew they wouldn’t push me or challenge me. This one will challenge me and I need that. The self-sponsor method I’ve been using isn’t working. Thanks for your patience.

18 Likes
  1. Happy Monday! Stupid allergies! Reminds me of a hangover. Cant believe I would do this to myself.
16 Likes

Helloooo, me too! They are beautiful chrysanteums, healthy as hell. Lets keep them to ourselves :wink:

4 Likes
  1. Aside from all the great emotional, life alerting interactions from here, I love coming here at night, cozy in my sheets and laughing at the memes. It’s an amazing feeling.
23 Likes

Yay! Congratulations, you have done an amazing job! :star:

1 Like