Checking in daily to help maintain focus

Sounds like a fun day! I’ve never been to NY. I’m a California girl (San Francisco Bay area) and grew up in San Diego. Some day I will get to the east coast. Enjoy your time in the US. :blush:

We are not grumpy… Just direct. It is directly proportionate to the speed of time which moves at triple the normal rate in NYC.

I’m telling you all have your skibbies wedged to far up :wink:. But I’m just a country boy and I love it out here.

Good morning on day 55.
My weird mood is starting to get better. Most importantly I didn’t have the urge to drink, but it did scare me a bit that I can be feeling so good and then something triggers me and I start to doubt everything about being sober. I did not like that uncomfortable feeling at all. I get anxious when I’m uncomfortable, so that set me off for a couple days.
Without wine to erase any anxious feelings I am learning just to ride it out. 27 years of drinking I’ve never let myself have to feel anything too much.
Happy Friday, sending prayers and strength to all my sober friends fighting this fight. :kissing_heart:

2 nights on a trot I’ve dreamt about drinking :see_no_evil:.
But yes, it is the weekend! Looking forward to spending quality time with my little family. Hoping we don’t get snowed in again!
Enjoy your weekend!

You’ve hit the nail on the head! Having to deal with the emotions is a whirl wind. From absolutely amazing to awful and generally uncharted territory!

Welcome!

Enjoy your time here. I used to live a couple blocks off union square a few cough years ago now. The village isn’t what it used to be, but is still amazing time.

Have fun and stay safe!

I look forward to see your anniversary post!

Ha. Nah just too things to do.

I grew up back in farm country in the Midwest and I guess I could not resist the allure of the Broadway Nights.

I’m only meant to visit the cities lol. I couldn’t make it in a city. Im always ready to return home when I visit the two cities im by out here. Wichita and Denver are way to big for me.

Day 75. Feeling good. Got some cheap train tickets to go to England over easter weekend :grinning: Not needing or wanting a drink. I feel high on life. Life isnt great like but i feel happy and that’s a good thing. Have a great sober weekend everyone. Stay strong !

Day 13. It’s going to be a struggle this weekend
I need to control these cravings

Heya. Try and change your thinking. Instead of missing it and thinking about drinking it. Think about how good you will feel when you overcome the urges and wake up hangover free in the morning. Do something to distract yourself. I found comedy/standup and movies were/are a great help. Go for a walk that helps to release any nervous energy you have building up. Drink a sugary drink. A few sugary drinks if need be. Fools your mind. Because you still have a drink in your hand. That was a tip i got from a ex drinker. Dont give up now. You are over the worst.

Checking in on DAY 55 sugar-free & DAY 196 alcohol-free.

Six months ago I stopped drinking coffee, then I started up again last week, simply because I fancied a cuppa Joe. The hyperactivity and unsettled sleep is why I’m jumping back on the wagon tomorrow

Hey sober twin. I feel the same. I’ve only ever got as far as 15 days. So really going to try hard this weekend. Have a good 1!

Thank you for that advice. I’m going to give that a go this weekend!

Day 25
I am split entirely down the middle.
I want to lay in bed all day and cry.
I also want to jump out of bed and go for a jog.
I been feeling this way since my ex spent the night a few days ago.
Is this what it feels like to be bipolar?
Idk. I really dislike this.
I know, know, KNOW I don’t want to use but a side of me is like “fuck it, why not” I will not act on my urges.
I think I just need to start with one thing at a time. I’m going to get out of bed and make breakfast.
I guess this is where the daily routine helps right!?

You’ll be forever grateful that you’ve made this choice.

Ok. Had my absolute wakeup Call this month. Drank a lot and cannot remember it but must have fallen somehow. Woke up Next morning, Blood at my face and a Wound at my head. My chin also Hurts.
Stopped from that day on. Also had a concussion.
Still Healing.
Never want to Experience something like that again.
This was 14 Days ago…
Hope with higher Power i can do it this Time.

20 days.

When I walked to lecture today I felt the suns warmth hug me for the first time in awhile–it’s crazy what small things you’re numb to when you’re not sober.

Happy Friday everyone.

(-ㅂ-)/ :heart: :heart: :heart:

Enjoy it ! Loved my trip to NY …exciting City