Checking in Daily to Maintain Focus #14

You should share. He should not have done any of that, he should know better. Im glad you’re still okay. Protect your sobriety AT ALL COST. Everything will be okay, nobody should pass any judgment on you.

2 Likes

20 Likes

12 Likes

Day 37. Went to the beach today and it was lovely. Happy to be present.

12 Likes

Have tons of Graditude and proud of who I’m becoming!

6 Likes

Good for you!!! Baby steps always work really well for me. If 20 minutes is too much, start with 5 or 10 and build up. Another option is guided meditations. YouTube has lots and I listen to a guided sleep meditation many nights at bedtime to help me unwind.

Here is a link to some in case you want to try some out…enjoy!!! (Hopefully!!)…

Guided meditations - sleep and other:

1 Like

Just checking in. Hope everyone is having a blessed day in sobriety. Day 998 in recovery. :heart:

16 Likes

just a little dedication to you guys and gals. :v:
6 Likes

Day 22 had a couple of bikkering moments with my wife which dont do me any good I always want to implode and change reality we know what that means but it’s late in the day and I’m still sober so I’m winning again and me wiffy says it’s over now and not to worry. Tomoro is another day peace out xx

11 Likes

Two weeks tomorrow! Had a big battle in my head over whether to go get a box of wine after my kids left to be with their dad for seven days. The wine witch almost won, but I got on TS first, and I ultimately beat her. Dinner, chapter 2 of my Mindful Self-Compassion workbook, then ice cream and a movie. Can’t thank my fellows of this forum enough for helping me to stay sober today.

13 Likes

Day 11 Sober is in the books. Working on day 12.

This is a tough day, Father’s Day i had to work. My wife is away caring for her elderly mother. I have 2 boys I care about very much. But I have no calls from them. I am alone at home and have to prod along. This site is do helpful at times like this. I will get thru today and come back strong tomorrow.

16 Likes

Day 11 sober. Today is the hardest day!!! I am struggling a lot and lately I relapsed with junk food , overeating. Food is another trigger for me. I just want to surrender here

14 Likes

I’m so very sorry, I know how that feels and it’s just awful. Time changes a lot. I’m glad you’re staying sober. Happy Father’s Day! :hugs:

3 Likes

Day 42 down !!

11 Likes

3 Weeks Down of my Raw Vegan Challenge! I was in a pasta mood so I made some zoodles with a marinara sauce and walnut meat. Recipe was so delicious and flavorful. With the right recipes, this has been so easy and satisfying to follow. I’ve even made a raw chocolate cheese cake dessert dish that’ll be done tomorrow (8 hours to freeze). Loving this way of eating. If anyone is inspired to try out some raw dishes @Apes2020 you’ve gotta download the rawtarian recipe app. All of the recipes have a short ingredient list, use ingredients that are easily found in grocery stores, and take less than 10-15 minutes to prepare. I use my food processor and blender alot. Get a good quality food processor and decent high speed blender and you’ll have all you need. I don’t have a dehydrator so I haven’t tried any dehydrator recipes (yet). I do ho through lots of cashews and walnuts so hopefully you don’t have a nut allergy!

17 Likes

Oooh… YUM!!! :+1:

1 Like

Day 5. Took a long walk. Relaxed. It was a nice Sunday.

10 Likes

Day 595. I had to put most of today’s plans on hold because of some dental pain that reduced my attention span to that of a cucumber, but I’m doing better allowing myself that today than I have in the past; it can be hard not to take on guilt for doing less.

During the worst parts, my mind did try brainstorming some less than sober ways to handle the pain, but I recentered myself and also made a plan to call someone if I got the urge to act on that temptation, even though I don’t think I’ll get to that point. Desperation makes you stupid, so it’s better I prepare/make plans beforehand rather than trying to do so in the moment.

Fingers crossed that I can get in to see a dentist soon.

21 Likes

I’m glad you beat that (b)witch!:grin::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I have a dental issue that’s brewing and I have such fear at the dentist. So I am avoiding everything.