Checking in daily to maintain focus #17

Checking out ! @anon89207786 … dont be worried :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: had a good day and bless you all.
Tuesday i will be in croatia and Montenegro starting a thread with @LuluJo of our adventures… i need to get out , we both can take the benefits of good conversation and that it is… a thread will be opened at saturday i guess…

Be well ya’ll

@Dolse71… your my next stop :innocent::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

should I be worried :thinking:

1 Like

Yessssssss

5 Likes

Great numbers bruv

@CapriciousCapricorn

and @lisa07

Gogo gadget good days

8 Likes

Shucks, no one has ever bought me flowers before. Mainly bc of my hay-fever and secondly they just bought me beer, it was always a winner. BTW your a funny twat :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I rather give you the hay-flew bruvvv

1 Like

That’s great! It sounds like your taking care of yourself. Good luck with your mother. I don’t know your story but I hope that relationship can be repaired.

I don’t know if this even comes close to your story but im going to share it again anyway. I’m reminded of my niece who was totally abandoned by her parents over drugs and aressets and jails and rehabs. The list goes on. And on. We all had right cause to hate my nieces mother. One day when my niece was in her early thirties and she told us she’s letting her mom move in with her. I thought WTF!! after all she’s done to you!!! She said “uncle, I just ran out of hate.” It took a kid 20 years younger than I to teach me a beautiful life lesson.

I hope someday we all run out of hate.
:pray::heart:

4 Likes

day 24 off to a horrible start. My partner had a meltdown, and then in an unrelated event, I just spilled an entire cup of coffee all over my laptop during a work meeting. Plus some yahoo is running a woodchopper or something all morning long. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Yesterday I found an unopened can of beer while cleaning out the garage. Man the universe can throw some punches…

8 Likes

Day 408. Creeping up on a three day weekend. Gearing up for the start of a new lifting program next week.

Made the announcement this week that my new band has signed with a label, and our first EP should be out hopefully by year’s end, and full length to follow mid-2021. Very excited to see where this journey leads.

Have a strong day!!!

14 Likes

Well done, Mike. It’s awesome to see you staying sober through the ups and downs.

Great to see you navigate another first in sobriety, successfully. I’m sure your confidence will continue to grow with every hurdle you clear.

1 Like

I don’t know that being sober means we won’t have struggles and obstacles. I don’t think it means things will be good all the time. I think it just means we get a chance to deal with life sober. While it may not seem better at the moment, if you were dealing with all of this while still drinking or using, it undoubtedly would be worse.

1 Like

Exactly mister…
That is exactly how I feel I’ve ran out of hate…
I’m am a very silent person and my drug taking was never picked up by any of my family as everyone else around me had bigger problems… I put myself through uni, I helped pay her mortgage at 20 for a good five years but when all my issues started to occur no one had time for me…
So I was told once at therapy you have to cut your family out or they are going to destroy you… I was constantly the one who just had rohelp or do this and if I didn’t I’d pay for it.

Now I’m not scared of my mother and that’s something I’ve been able to say to her at the age of 32!

3 Likes

You’re here, and ready to start over again. That’s great,and we’re all here to support you.

Quick update about today.
The class kept writing about going out to drink,I couldn’t stand it anymore so I wrote a message saying I’m a bit to old to hang out on the student pubs, and that I don’t drink alcohol because I’m in recovery. But that I would happily meet up for a daytime Fika.

They where quick to say that you’re never to old, and it shows that there’s at least 5 of us being about the same age in class. And that there’s always non alcoholic options. After that they started talking about meeting up for lunches instead to include everyone (even if they still are going out during the nights)

I didn’t expect that kind of support so I got a bit overwhelmed.

University decided yesterday that we’re going to get the possibility to take this entire semester online working from home. And I told my study group that I’m going to do that as much as possible. Because of the family situation, the lack of a driver’s license, the virus outbreak and the recovery just to make it easy on myself. And once again I’ve got an amazing support and we are going to do the most of it via zoom.

I’m so grateful, happy and overwhelmed.
And I haven’t started writing my paper I’m supposed to hand in tomorrow yet :blush:

11 Likes

That’s some exciting news! Congratulations man!

1 Like

Hey everyone, checking in…feeling like hell because I am fighting a sinus infection…but only 2 hours left at work and I have a 3 day weekend! I hope everyone is doing well!

8 Likes

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies.