Checking in daily to maintain focus #55

Love your attitude. Do not let this be defeat – it’s perfect to find out now and get the assistance and accommodations needed to pursue your education goals. I really can see you helping so many others so do not give up on your dream.
@noshame it’s odaat – you have the desire to no longer vape and you will make that happen. Hold onto the feeling that it tasted nasty and gave you a bad feeling when the urge should arise. Wishing you the best of luck
@catmama23 glad you are seeing a psychiatrist tomorrow. Would air punching with all your might be something that you might want to try? Stress balls (I’ve had to go through a few of them as I’ve shredded them with squeezing too hard)… anything is better than taking it our on yourself – the energy you are releasing is being released right back into you. You need to release it into something else so that it does leave you (preferably without causing more pain in the process)
@dolse71 33 months — nice angle number my friend!

Checking in on Wednesday evening
It was a good day with little pain and the fatigue was manageable. I did go for a swim with my brother and parents which was real nice – took a lot to get my mom to go (she doesn’t know how to swim and is afraid of the water so this was huge). She had a blast and wants to go at 6 am tomorrow - we’ve created a monster :crazy_face: The water was not too rough on my skin and being able to move freely with the fluidity of water felt so relaxing. I hope everyone had a wonderful day! Sending much love :heart: :heart:

11 Likes

Strained my lower back yesterday morning while attempting to bend over to pick something up. Been locked up since and in pain.

Positive note today is 134 days sober.

14 Likes

day 276

Actually came to work today so I didnt end up at a liqour store, i know alcohol is going to be around most of the weekend, ill be ok its only when im on my own that ill hide and drink. Once im home tonight ill be ok. Counting the hours.

Im going to get through this one way only without drinking!

19 Likes

Checking in
Day 493
Another busy day. Once my son got off to school i went to visit my mom at her hotel. We went for icecream later on and walked around. It was nice. There was one thing tho that snuck up on me, which i wasnt expecting. My mom needed to stop at a liquor store to purchase a bottle for a gift that she was giving to someone from her conference later tonight. I have never really had an issue with alcohol so didnt think that going inside would be an issue. But sure enough my mind even started thinking things. Thankfully i know that alcohol is also a drug and no different than any other substance. Im grateful for that rational part of my brain that can sort thru all the bs of my addictive thinking. We left and enjoyed the afternoon together. Its been alot of fun having my mom around. She left early as her confrence registration begins tonight. And im just relaxing with hubby now. Hope everyone is having an enjoyable day/evening!
:butterfly:

17 Likes

Day 26…
The odd craving here and there but determined not to go back.
I had a dream last night that I had a beer and then regretted it majorly.
Last night I even tipped out my non alcoholic wine because I didn’t want unnecessary calories and had water instead.
Definitely happy with the decision to stop. Dry July is nearly here and by the end of it, I’ll be 2 months sober :ok_hand:

18 Likes

Nicely done…possibly think of joining in on the 100 day SOBER challenge!:thinking:

Doing really good my friend-- happy for your sober time!

4 Likes

Hello sober warriors. Checking in on day 740. It was a beautiful summer day. Rode my bike to work and back. I made some delicious veggie fajitas for dinner. Leaving tomorrow for a family reunion on my wife’s side. Always a bit stressful, but I will be taking you all along with me in my pocket. Much love.

16 Likes

Day :one::three:

No sugar / sweets :cupcake::no_entry_sign: Day 3

Allowed slips /per week used 1/3 :red_circle::white_circle::white_circle:

So as talked previously I am all into detox lately. Now it’s sugar time. Eliminating the artificial one completely. Fruits, honey does not count as a slip. Got this bag of Stevia and Erythritol / not using it a lot anyway. Research says it is actually have a lot of health benefits.

:icecream:

Got one slip already / at work people gifted us ice cream, because we helped them. I accepted gift. So situations like this, or when a relative bakes a pie or something, cheat day, rest day or overall a bad craving - 3 of those / per week is allowed. Of course it does not mean I got to use it them all / or at all.

12 Likes

There are many non-drug remedies.
My doctor knows, no narcotics on my profile. I have tens units and patches and stuff.
Have you tried acupressure

Look up HAND ACUPRESSURE POINTS.

I use those points all the time. Give it a shot

I can give you pointers if you want

It’s drug free. Addiction free and
By the way, free
I hope it works for you

9 Likes

Have as good as a day as you all can friends. Sober and clean.

Another two days off work ahead, although today I have a dentist appointment and tomorrow individual therapy. Actually looking forward to that these days. Psychotherapy that is. Some house chores to be done as well. Somehow when it’s summer it feels like I shouldn’t have to do that. The same feeling might apply in winter too BTW :upside_down_face:.

Anyway. I’m doing fine. Hope y’all are too. Let’s do another day sober and clean. Just for today. Because we’re worth it. :heart: :people_hugging:

20 Likes

Day 264

The training yesterday evening was awful, it was for Doctors not for us assistants. There were like 5 minutes of 2,5 hours that have been interesting, the rest: blah!
Our situation at the office gets more and more difficult. As I already said, one colleague quit and is gone. Another one wants to work like 10 hours less every week. This is something we can’t catch up any more. This will kill us.
I’m afraid that if the boss gives her plan the Go that the rest of our team will fall apart. It’s too much work for 3 who work 100% when in fact you need 6 who work 100%.
That really messes me up rn.
Going to check in again later.
Have a beautiful sober day friends, stay strong :kissing_heart::muscle:

18 Likes

50 days Alcohol Free😜

19 Likes

@JazzyS I’m so glad you’ve been able to laugh today :laughing: and congrats on 6 months alcohol and weed free! :tada: and 2 weeks gluten-free :tada: have you noticed any benefits to your symptoms?
@nastya_is_fighting I’m so sorry about your teacher ridiculing you and if front of your class, and that the bullying is continuing, I really feel for you :people_hugging::mending_heart:
@Sabrina80 I’m sorry the online training was so stressful, and that your work depertment is under so much pressure :sleepy::people_hugging: I hope that your food was nice atleast 🩵
@Soberbilly thank you Billy :blush: Meditation is the heart of my recovery too :raised_hands:t2:
@Catmama23 that really is a lot, but some helpful stuff too hopefully :crossed_fingers:t2: glad you’re staying focused and alert, the next right thing indeed. Sending strength for that 🩵 I don’t know if you’re able to get outside to take some deep breaths at work instead of hitting your head? A quick 5min meditation or something :people_hugging:
@icebear sending strength for the reunion 🩵
@HappyDays congrats on 50 days :tada:

1045 days no alcohol.
510 days no cocaine.
25 days no vape.
5 days no binge-eating.

Checking-in for yesterday…

Yesterday I attended the online ‘good mood café’ for the first time, there were 3 attendees including myself, and 4 hosts. It was okay. They were all older women and they assumed I wouldn’t be interested in anything they were saying, but I was and I said so. I will go again.

Then I went into the city where the co-prpduction ‘course’ is held. The time passed much more quickly this week, but I’m no less fatigued, mentally and physically, from being out for so long, and the return bus journey was horrendous. If there are so many people when it is time to come home after the final session next Monday, I will wait for the next bus. I also spent a lot of money whilst I was in town, before the session, because I was an hour early, and after the session on my way to the bus station. I will be returning some of the clothes, but I’ve reset my ‘Impulsive Spending’ counter, on day 51.

I also gave in to the ice cream van. So my sugar counter has been reset too. It caught me off-guard when I’d just got home, so I can see why I was weak, but I need to do better.

I have the dentist this morning, in 3 hours, dreading it. Trying to remember that other people have expressed similar feelings here, the night before a dentist visit, but that it’s mostly turned out okay. It is somewhat reassuring so thank you. :blush:

Then this evening it’s the second and final part of the online course I attended last week, not looking forward to the white noise person who doesn’t mute themselves (the facilitators do request that people mute themselves when not speaking, but this person seems to think it doesn’t apply to them).

Will check-in later on for today.

🩵

21 Likes

:spades: 3

Faith in a Higher Power

Practicing faith can look like praying, meditating, speaking to your higher power, etc. Putting hope into a power greater than yourself is faith.

Got this Icona gifted by one Priest, witch asked me to call him a Friend. He helped me a lot. God bless him.

8 Likes

3 days being clean from self-harm.
4 days being being less amount of sugar.

Morning check in.

Heyy, good morning from library! :sunny: I’m studying medicine right now and I feel actually great and importantly safe. Right now around me aren’t so much people but I know they will be here way more after lunch. I too much know how libraries work. :joy:
I’m still thinking if I should go to that party on Tuesday. My heart says to that no, no matter if everyone will be angry at me or no… For my heart it would be way more better if I will be at library or somewhere in nature.

I hope everyone are okay. Have a nice day. :two_hearts:

17 Likes

Day 159.

Fuck, fuck, and fuck. Did I say fuck? I’m an emotional wreck right now and I’m really struggling to keep a lid on it. I’m gonna set another appointment with my therapist, some shit with my family really set me off and now I’m all over the map.

But… sober. So there’s that.

19 Likes

Dealing with our shit sober is how we deal with shit Amy. Good on you. :people_hugging: :heart:

7 Likes

Update: I was accepted in one of schools!!! I’m so happy right now. :heart::heart::heart:

18 Likes

Keep fighting. I’m really proud of you that you’re still sober. :muscle:t2:

8 Likes

Thank you! And HUGE Congratulations for your school acceptance! I know how stressed you were about it. :heart:

7 Likes