Chips and things

My sister and i have been going through my dads hoarded crap. We found a folder of a bunch of his alcohol problem stuff. Dui reports, 12 step worksheets. Sealed envelope that had some chips in it.

Too bad he relapsed hard and it was the one thats doing him in.

I just past my 6 month mark, and this is some good motivation to stay the course and not forget how bad it can and will get!

14 Likes

Sorry for asking, but what are those?

Chips that are handed out for various lengths of sobriety by an AA group. Generally go 24 hours, 1 month, 2 month, 3 month, 6 month, 9 month, 1 year, 18 month, 2 year and then each subsequent year after. There are many different kinds, enameled, bronze, tin etc etc.

3 Likes

Keep on keeping on, buddy.

2 Likes

got mine 2 months early

6 Likes

So sorry you’re having to go through all of this. :frowning: I can only imagine how hard it is to have to watch. Hugs!

2 Likes

Didn’t know that, thanks.

We have cake on chip night. If you like cake you should go to AA lol. And coffee.

2 Likes

I don’t know how to reach them in my country (Venezuela).

1 Like

Here’s a link with info from your country. You can use the phone number also to call to talk to someone :wink:
https://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org.uk/aa-worldwide/south-america

2 Likes

Thanks. I suppose it could always be worse right! At least im sober to deal with it

1 Like

That’s true but it doesn’t make it suck any less. I’m glad you’re able to be there to help him. My dad was drunk and died when he crashed his car so I understand losing a parent to these bad decisions even though it’s totally different, it’s kind of the same in the end. Thinking of you and your family with love! :heart:

Thank you. I was never aware at just how bad he was until i started going through all his paperwork. Many lost jobs from boozing, alcohol related seizure in court, dui’s.

He was a good man, but these demons got the best of him. It does make me sad. He moved back to the city after my sis and i graduated. He got worse there.

We’ll see what happens.