Christian accountability partner needed 😔

Hey team,

Are there any Christian addicts around (hi guys off my original thread) that are willing to exchange messenger or something to be my accountability partner for a while. The only reason I ask if there are any Christian’s willing is because I’ve been saved now for only a year and I guess someone with my worldview would be helpful in advising me according to my faith I guess. I dna. Indont even know if it will work. But I’m hoping if I have someone j can message as soon as the thought crosses my mind, maybe i can stop it somehow.

I hope everyone’s doing good. Hugs :heart:

9 Likes

I seem to remember having an app a couple of months ago where you could message a recovery coach that kind of acted like a sponsor, I can try to find out the make of it later if you would like? :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

That would be LEGEND! You’ve been such an amazing support. Thank you!

1 Like

Me! I am also a Christian. My faith has helped me so much but it’s still hard to make big changes. I would love a recovery partner if you still want one!

6 Likes

Your welcome and that’s what we’re here for. I will try and find out on a couple of hours and let you know, gets me hoping that I didn’t make it up in a dream. No I’m sure that it exists, I will find it. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I am totally keen. PM your facebook? I use that most.

1 Like

Same here, would really appreciate a recovery partner. Was born into a Christian family and fell into a life of sin that lead me to drugs. My faith has always been a big part of my life even tho I fall/backslide or whatever you want to call it. Believing is the only thing that has kept me fighting through my addiction. Feel free to reply and start topics will definitely be watching.

5 Likes

If theres a couple people on here that need support. We could potentially start a group chat on messenger or something?

2 Likes

I’m 30 mins away from having 1 sober day and all I wanna do right now is get high.

4 Likes

Read the threads I tagged you in, this is the perfect time to do so ! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I did read them earlier. I’ll have a look again before bed. I had a shower now I’m gna do some study then go in bed read some threads.

1 Like

https://christians-in-recovery.org/Tools_Library_Index

1 Like

I’m going into my 14th hour and yes it is a constant thought in my mind to just go out and get high. In my case I’ve been to work high so I think why not. It is my decision whether I’d want too or not, but we must understand that altering our state of mind and basically changing who we are, how we think, and how we act by getting high isn’t the smartest decision.

2 Likes

Please yes

2 Likes

Hey team,

Is everyone here keen to hop on messenger? We can do a group chat so any of us can send a message if we need help and whoever is on can support that person? I mean I guess it’s kinda the same as this. But it’s annoying I never get notifications when people message me. And I’m not sure how to turn it on so messenger justseems easier. Thought?

2 Likes

Hi! Sorry for a slow response, haven’t been getting the notifications. How are you? I’ll pm you on here and I think a facebook chat would be amazing!

@Rosemaryday, @LovelyLya, @Rosemaryday, @Fizzle3012. Just curious if any of you go to Celebrate Recovery? I meet the most wonderful group of people there. I have gained a family through that group and they have helped me so much. God loves us to much to leave us where we were. It makes me smile to see you guys working together to find your paths. May god alway be with you and soften your heart. My prayers are with you in your journey. :heart::pray::heart::pray::heart::pray:

4 Likes

I have never heard of it. I don’t think they have it here

Its huge here in Souther Illinois, we meet for about 2 hours. It is a Christ based 12 step program using the 12 steps and the biblical comparisons to heal and work the steps. We have fellowship and a meal for the first 30 minutes. Then a lesson about the 12 steps, or a testimony. Then meet in small groups to talk about our hurts, habits, or hang-ups

1 Like

That sounds lovely, is it an evangelist church? The CofE is very different here much more high mass

1 Like