Church wasnt good

So today is my day 8! Actually cant believe it, and can’t belive that I really dont wanna drink this time. At least for now Im just tired of alcohol and its nasty effects. My boyfriends friend came over yesterday with a big bottle and offered me a shot, and surprisingly I said no and felt good about my choice. Any ways I wanted to get out and do something positive today, so me, my bestfriend and my lil sis decided to go to church for wensday night worship. It turned out to be soooo boring. I usally love church but it was alot of really older people and it was topics I couldnt relate to at all. Anyways Ill be trying to keep going to more churches until I find one I like. Anyways that was my day, glad I made it to day 8.

13 Likes

Good for you on day 8!! And good for you for continuing to look around to find the church that will work for you!

1 Like

Happy for you. I remember my first week. It’s weird to say no to drinks in the beginning. Everyone expected me to cave, but for 196 days now I’ve been saying nah. Stay sober today!

3 Likes

Wednesday nights at my church are for Teen worship, kids groups like Royal Rangers and Missionettes, Adult Life-skills. I teach stewardship classes on these nights. Lots of energy.

If you like the church during other times, maybe think about approaching the pastor who oversees young adult programs and ask them about starting a life-group that would appeal to folks your age. Maybe like 19-30. Churches are always looking for ways to meet people in this critical age group. This is the age where “churched” young adults fall away, and where new believers need to be reached.

If they are willing, volunteer to lead the group. Many are called, but few answer.

2 Likes