Cigarette smoking

I am alcohol free for the last 4 years this Christmas which is great. But I struggle with giving up the cigarettes. I smoked daily for 20 years. But now I only smoke on a big night out. Lately however it has really began to affect me. I had been off cigarettes for 3 months and i smoked 2 cigarettes on Friday night. My lungs are burning since. I have a cough and i feel fatigued. Im wondering has anyone else experienced this? And i know i have to quit for good now.

4 Likes

There’s a whole thread devoted to it :+1:

2 Likes

Hey man,

Listen to your body! It’s telling you to stop doing that!

If what you are experiencing doesn’t go away soon, please go see a doctor. Could be nothing, could be something.

2 Likes

No smokes.
Quit for 4 years. Started back up quitting again. :v:

1 Like

Congrats on your alcohol free sobriety. That is impressive. I have actually started smoking more since i quit drinking, which was surprising to me cause i use to only smoke when i drank, but i did drink every night. However, you cant smoke a lot when you pass out drunk every night.

I have been easy on myself with the smoking knowing that quitting drinking was the big obstacle. However, i do also, like you, know a change needs to happen in next 6 months. But to much pressure isnt a good thing this early in the game for me.