Clean 11 months then surgery and pain meds

I posted last week, clean 11 months off methadone and the terrible 6+ months of withdrawals, granted I still don’t feel 100% free from it yet health wise and these what appear to be longer lasting withdrawal symptoms but I had surgery last week and had no choice but to take pain meds. My wife gave them too, I had access at all times tho, never once thought about abusing them. Took them for about a week through the worst if the pain and then stopped. I did feel off for a few days…but all is good.

I’ll always know I had to take them and it will /has tarnished what I felt was my clean time …partly…

I took as prescribed and didnt finish them completely, I kinda feel also that I didnt loose clean Time, I know its confusing …im kinda confused…

I have no desire to take any or methadone.

Was just something I was scared about and felt like sharing. Thank you to all who comment last time and helped me through it. Much love

6 Likes

Glad you are recovering nicely from the surgery!

1 Like

Glad you are recovering from your surgery. I am sorry you are so conflicted about taking pain meds as precribed and I understand.

I too had surgery recently and was prescribed just 6 pain meds. I took 4 of them as prescribed and stopped. Glad to be done with them.

Hope you continue healing up!!

3 Likes

Had a similar experience. I felt mad that my sobriety had an asterisk next to it.

2 Likes

Thats how I feel, but it also feels good knowing we took them and quit and was able to do it like it was as prescribed only!!! It means were healing.

3 Likes

You didn’t lose anything. Sobriety is about being able to handle these situations with dignity and grace, which you did!

4 Likes