Cleared a week sober, caved and had two glasses of wine

Bleh

Wasn’t particularly dramatic, just insidious and from the routine of 12 hour shift —> bar. One pinot, one spanish blend. Made me cranky about the lack of effort I percieve my bf putting in our relationship. Booze = resentment immediately, yikes

I am going to confirm my therapy appointment for the week, and email my manager letting her know that I am not available for double shifts here after. Restarted my clock, wish me well through finals week! :sparkles:

3 Likes

Relapse isn’t the end…just do your best not to pick up. Maybe eliminate all alcohol within your house. Stay away from places that serve it for a while until you feel you can finally say no. Avoid routes if at all possible that have a liquor store on the way…stay strong friend

2 Likes

Have never kept it in the house; only ever have been a bar person. I’ve always known keeping it in the house only leads to crud.

I work in the service industry so I’m around it all the time. (And no, right now I cannot change jobs and make a living wage while I finish my degree, but yes, I do work with sober people including my manager so I don’t work in a party environment which is v v v helpful). Last night was just 12 hours of Easter and entitled families and nightmare people all weekend and I was a weak baby about it.

Thank you for your encouragement, I don’t feel bad/hungover/unmotivated but I will look up a meeting directory for young people today. I do not like AA when its full of grizzled war story soldiers so maybe I can find a young person’s group so that this doesn’t happen again next week.

1 Like

Sounds like you handled this relapse very gracefully! Glad you’re back, and stay strong! Best of luck with your finals. You got this!

2 Likes

Thank you, I don’t think self-flagellation is helpful but I wanted to be accountable and report here about it :slight_smile: The difference in my temperment was quick tho; two glasses and I got overwhelmed with negative thoughts. It was wild, like a switch!

Anyone that relapsed too this weekend I encourage to report it back, reset your clock, take a hot shower, eat something decent and move forward! :dancing_women:

7 Likes

I am connected with YPAA (young people in AA) all across the globe. Let me know where you are and I can find some young people’s meetings.

5 Likes

Philadelphia!

1 Like

I just reached out to some Philly folks. I’ll get back to you when they do. They also have a secret Facebook group called Pennscypaa

2 Likes

Never heard of that YPAA…only heard of ACOA

YPAA is a group of people in AA (usually young, but no age limits or requirements) that are heavily involved in service work and helping the newcomer. Most of large areas have a YPAA group that helps start up young people’s meetings and get involved in service work. They have conventions all the time and is generally a lot of fun. YPAA is part of the AA service structure and is a great way to get involved in service work.

5 Likes

Personally i just never heard of that but thank you for sharing I’ll look into it

1 Like

I’m not active in YPAA any more but I do try to spread the word. In some areas the area assembly does not accept YPAA as being part of AA and gives a lot of pushback. In my area YPAA has a great relationship with area and district. Always nice to reach out and include new people.

1 Like

@Sober_gabby12 is actively involved in YPAA and has some great info as well.

1 Like

They meet Wednesday at 7:30 as well

4 Likes

YOOO YOU’RE IN LUCK! WEST CHESTER PA IS HOSTING PENNSCYPAA (PENNSYLVANIA CONFERENCE OF YOUNG PPL IN AA) THIS SUMMER! ADD ME ON FACEBOOK Gabby Yakupchine and I will get you linked in :heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

July 12-14 it’s gonna be littt af

2 Likes

208 N. 35th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19104

It’s a really great sober house that holds meetings every Saturday at 9:15pm. Generally a young college-aged crowd. Lemme know if you want a contact number for the meeting!

2 Likes

Night Owl, every night of the week at 1130pm at 1315 Spruce Street. Plenty of young people there

3 Likes

Love all this active support @Englishd @Sober_gabby12

Because love is action, not a feeling.

3 Likes