Clonazepam .5

The dr i get my subutex also gave me a prescription for klonopin .5’s to take before bed because i haven’t been sleeping good and wake up with panic attacks. Ive only taken it twice but ive read alot of bad things about it. Is anyone else on it or taken it? Is there a better medication as a alternative i could talk to him about? Thank you!

1 Like

I would tread lightly…benzos are a MF to get off

4 Likes

Amen to what @Eric_Leonard said. A few nights crap sleep isnt nearly as devastating as getting hooked on benzos. Once we realize we have one addiction, we should be extra cautious with other addictive substances because it’s often a general vulnerability…

Also mixing benzos and buprenorphine (Subutex) can be very dangerous due to increased risk of overdose/ stopping breathing and is usually medically contraindicated

2 Likes

Trazedone is another antidepressant that is often prescribed for sleep. It is non addictive and doesn’t leave most folks feeling groggy. Might ask about that one.

Thanks everyone. Honestly i didnt know what he was prescribing me, i just figured since its an outpatient rehab he wouldn’t have gave me something that would be addicting and i didnt know what it was. No sleep is fine its the panic attacks that scare me. I will talk to him about something non addictive… i dont need to add another addiction to my plate lol

2 Likes

Hi some one please teach me how to use this talking community

Iam just able to reply for others post,how can i post to public on my own

From here tap the circle with 2 chat bubbles this will take you to the main screen then click the grey rectangle with + new topic a white box will appear where you can discuss your feelings with the forum community

2 Likes

Yea he only gave me 15 .5’s, as needed to sleep. It doesnt really help though i still wake up 2-3 times a night. Did u ever find something that worked… nonaddicting?

1 Like

There’s another one called matazipine bstay clear if you can

1 Like