Closed - Checking in daily to help maintain focus #5

Waking up sober on new years day! Bet many of us never thought we would see that day!

Happy new year guys

18 Likes

Good morning everyone. Best wishes for 2020. (Mad dog 20-20 was an alcoholic drink over here in th UK many moons ago).
Day 1 and my 2nd attempt at getting the nicotine and alcohol monkeys off my back.
I not going to dwell on my short comings that was so last year. Joking aside I do feel better prepared this time around and have more knowledge of what lies ahead. I’m not going to hide myself away for a month and let melancholy set in. I have 3 more days at work then I’m off for 3 weeks. I have a living room and dining room to strip skim and paper. New wall lights to fit,. A tree to chop down, firewood to chop, dogs to walk and a whole lot more. Far too busy to be going out! I’ve a new years dinner to cook today and then get Christmas boxed up and out of the way. I hope all goes well for you all and you all have the strength to deal with everything life throws at you.

14 Likes

Happy new year pal, I remember 20/20 very well I used to prefer white lightening though. Are you a player or in the building trade? I’m a joiner. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Day 6 and first sober day of the decade!

Last night was ok, although I dreaded going to this party but luckily it wasn’t that much an alcohol-themed and everybody was basically sober.

Happy new year to all of you.

14 Likes

Hiya mate I used to work for my uncle years ago painting and decorating when artex was the in thing. Happy New Year :+1:

Happy new year guys!

Thankyou for the support over this year. It’s been the worst 6 months of my life at the start of the year (in active alcoholism)

The past 6 months have been the best and I’m slowly becoming a better person

16 Likes
  1. Coffee. Stayed home last night. First time since I got sober I was afraid I’d be tempted into having “one” would I have gone to town and to my old local as was my tradition for NYE. I also feel Luna was happy I was here to make it through the terror of the fireworks together. During the worst of it she ran up to me demanding pets instead of hiding under the bed.
    Otherwise I’m just happy that we can get on with life now. I got work to do and I don’t need all the distractions and upheavals that December brought. Finished the year on a natural high by having a nice little ride. Planning on more of that in 2020. Have a good one all! Sober and clean. Thanks for all the help in the last year. Now let’s make 2020 an even better one. Together. Clean and sober love from the polder.
19 Likes

day 471 :coffee:
Hi guys!🙋 I’m living in 2020 already :tada: It’s 10 o clock in the morning here.
Survived NYE sober and I hope you did (or do) too :pray:
Forgot to bring my self bought alcohol free whine to my friends, so drank water all night.
Reset my sugar counter for the second time but motivated to let it work this time.
2020 is gonna be the year of healthy eating for me :facepunch:

May 2020 brings you a healthy sober/clean life too :heart:
Thank you all TS friends for being here and @Robin thank you very much for developping this app

23 Likes

Totally agree @Jane.c very well put x

1 Like

Merry new year :ok_hand: fresh as a daisy woke up without any beer fear no lost keys phones or dignity soooo just cleaning up both my flat and life plenty of shit food to demolish and then watch the football and netflix all day keep busy

9 Likes

Happy Birthday to you my beardy friend :hugs: I hope you have a great Birthday and a happy new year. Fab job on the two weeks, it’s great to see your progress x

2 Likes

Can I say at this point please @forged I showed my disgusted at a picture on the crush thread. Darren put up a picture and he wasn’t to know the distress it would cause. He apologised, he was only trying to have fun as we all were. He was just trying to find a picture of the most appalling woman he could…he did a good job she was really fucking horrible!.. It upset me because I live near where all this happened. I was abused as a child (again no body was to know) and that picture reminds me of some of the awful things that happened. They still haven’t found all of the CHILDRENS bodies and I don’t think they will. I was not the only one upset by it and I am glad it was taken down but I must also point out that I didn’t contact sassy some of the others must of done and I’m glad they did. I do feel that it has all blown up out of proportion though. I’m grateful of sassy and all the other lovely moderators. People come here to feel safe, we each do not know what the others have been through, no one is to know. I think this should all just calm down so that we can all focus on the reason we are here and that is for the compassion, understanding and being able to help each other through our addictions. Wishing you all a happy new year guys xx

8 Likes

Well it’s 4 am here and I’m pleased to say I was sober for all of 2019. And it’s working for me.

Happy New Decade, y’all! :partying_face:

17 Likes

Wishing everyone a happy happy new year :smiley:. I hope you all woke up sober into this new year. And super happy like I am today. I am celebrating my 90 days today with cake at the lake and beach in Mozambique. Thank you each and every one for this amazing support and help until now. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you​:heart_eyes::sparkling_heart::two_hearts:

14 Likes

Thanks @Lionfish Lea for sharing this lovely positive Gratitude.
I think there are 12 “I am grateful…” that’s a great dozen :blush:
I use Daily Light with readings straight from the Bible which I find really inspiring. Today’s will get posted here…
Best wishes for 2020!

2 Likes

Daily Light - January 1, Morning
https://www.youdevotion.com/light/january/1

Instead I am single-minded: Forgetting the things that are behind, … I strive toward the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

• Phil 3:13-14 NET

“Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, so that they can see my glory that you gave me.”—I know the one in whom my faith is set and I am convinced that he is able to protect what has been entrusted to me until that day.—The one who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Do you not know that all the runners in a stadium compete, but only one receives the prize? So run to win. Each competitor must exercise self-control in everything. They do it to receive a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one.—We must get rid of every weight and the sin that clings so closely, and run with endurance the race set out for us, keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus.
    John 17:24, 2 Tim 1:12, Phil 1:6, 1 Cor 9:24-25, Heb 12:1-2

4 Likes

Well done Geoff, that’s fantastic ! Happy new year to you and yours! Thanks for being on here I find your advice and support invaluable :pray:t2:

1 Like

Hi! You’re doing so well and it sounds like your having a lovely time in Mozambique… congratulation on all the strength you have shown, it great to be on this journey with folks like you :pray:t2: happy new year xxx

1 Like

Checking in to wish everyone a happy healthy new year 5 weeks clean and sober today,here’s to dealing with everything good and bad with a clear head and an open mind.xx

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies.