Closed - Checking in daily to help maintain focus #5

Thank you!! :blush:

1 Like

Congrats Paul! Thanks for all your support!

2 Likes

Well done you ended the year sober thatā€™s the main thing, onwards and upwards.

3 Likes

Congratulations on 60 days Paul!! So proud for you. Youā€™ve worked so hard and are doing so well! Letā€™s keep it going shall we? :hugs:

2 Likes

be a shame not too, Iā€™m not bitter but I canā€™t forget we just about started this together and I should be on the same days as you, No sorry I am bitter, how dare you come round here waving your sober flagā€¦ Iā€™ve enjoyed our time though.

4 Likes

I actually think about that quite a bit and hope you honestly never feel like Iā€™m rubbing it in your face. I know how hard it is to maintain sobriety and especially with a partner who isnā€™t so I think your 60 days are truly amazing. I wouldnā€™t be doing so well without your help & encouragement. Truly. I never want to have to come on here and tell you that I relapsed. But I know if I do youā€™d be full of love and support. Youā€™re a treasure Paul!

4 Likes

You donā€™t know me i would remind you everyday Iā€™ve got more sober days :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Yeah you totally would!! :joy::joy::joy: Gotta go play games with the family. Happy New Year!

2 Likes

Day 3 sober. Happy New Year to all of you. God bless you and guide your way :two_hearts::heart::heart::pray:t5:

9 Likes

Made it through my first NYE get together sober! I still had a great time and it was nice to be the DD, I really enjoyed it. Now Iā€™m settled in at home and get to wake up feeling great for my first day of 2020. Feeling grateful :heart:

16 Likes

Day 625

16 Likes

Aloha everyone it a count down to my 1st year and I canā€™t wait to see what this next year of being clean has for me. Happy New Year everyone

20 Likes

1 year, thatā€™s awesome. Happy New Year!

2 Likes

Day 425
Thought Iā€™d just post before I loose the round number.
Was going to do it yesterday but got tangled up irl!
Thatā€™s a full calendar year that I have not let alcohol passed my lips.
Gotta be over 40 years since I can honestly say that.
Wow.
Happy new year to you all guys.
Have a great one.

23 Likes

Day 104! Happy New Year, everybody!

Thankful to start the new decade with my ego in its proper place and my Higher Power leading the way.

No resolutions for me. Keeping up my same daily program of recovery.

Gradual steps to improve my life so that I can do what Iā€™m meant to do.

20 Likes

Waking up sober on new years day! Bet many of us never thought we would see that day!

Happy new year guys

18 Likes

Good morning everyone. Best wishes for 2020. (Mad dog 20-20 was an alcoholic drink over here in th UK many moons ago).
Day 1 and my 2nd attempt at getting the nicotine and alcohol monkeys off my back.
I not going to dwell on my short comings that was so last year. Joking aside I do feel better prepared this time around and have more knowledge of what lies ahead. Iā€™m not going to hide myself away for a month and let melancholy set in. I have 3 more days at work then Iā€™m off for 3 weeks. I have a living room and dining room to strip skim and paper. New wall lights to fit,. A tree to chop down, firewood to chop, dogs to walk and a whole lot more. Far too busy to be going out! Iā€™ve a new years dinner to cook today and then get Christmas boxed up and out of the way. I hope all goes well for you all and you all have the strength to deal with everything life throws at you.

14 Likes

Happy new year pal, I remember 20/20 very well I used to prefer white lightening though. Are you a player or in the building trade? Iā€™m a joiner. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Day 6 and first sober day of the decade!

Last night was ok, although I dreaded going to this party but luckily it wasnā€™t that much an alcohol-themed and everybody was basically sober.

Happy new year to all of you.

14 Likes

Hiya mate I used to work for my uncle years ago painting and decorating when artex was the in thing. Happy New Year :+1: