Closing in on day 4

Work was extremely physically demanding today. So of course the voice told me to celebrate finishing the work week by knocking back a few. I started justifying it with ‘I wont drink at all after that, just this time you deserve it, its what you need.’ Then I went on here and started reading some more and I played the future in my head and thought of the feeling when I wake up tommorow. Along with the hangover, the shame and defeat. Thankfully it worked, Im going to pickup some chinese food instead. Thanks everyone.

21 Likes

Love Chinese food!! Smart choice all around. Glad you read here and followed thru. I keep a list on my phone of the crap that happens when I drink, it helps keep it real when I would think, oh just one. Helps a lot!! Congrats on your almost 4 days!!

2 Likes

Well don for not giving in! That little voice in your head can be so effin strong and convincing, I’m glad you didn’t give that little sucker a chance! Chinese food is a nice alternative! :clap:t2:

2 Likes

Great job!

1 Like

This takes so much strength! Good for you for taking a minute to “play the tape forward.” It takes a great deal of self awareness to do what you did. This is a great achievement! Keep it up :heart:

1 Like

Awesome job! I would always find a reason to drink. Celebration. Sadness. Happiness. Boredom. Now I drink a LOT of fluids instead of alcohol. Always have hot black coffee on hand, or propel, or water or anything. I reward myself with a big fountain drink after a long day.

1 Like

This is progress and making changes. Excellent job! Keep going! :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

1 Like

Just woke up now and I feel good.

1 Like