Cocaine... After many tries I'm losing faith

That’s what it took for me too. The pain both mentally and physically was far greater than the urge to use. Took a long time to get there. Lots of sleepless nights peaking out the blinds or being stuck for hours or spending $500 and still not having any left over when I woke up

2 Likes

How have you been doing?

Same here. I’m devastated

Honestly never thought in my whole life that I would call myself an addict. Well, I cant have a single drink without phoning a dealer. Even if it was a simple BBQ. I am not a daily user, but since moving to Hong Kong I have used at least once a week. The problem is life without coke is boring. But as a good friend told me just moments ago that me on coke is boring and that is probably true. Even today I had that though “man I could do with a line”. The problem is the aftermath, the days of dysfunction and depression. I now walk around with a note in my wallet reminding myself of this so wherever I am I can take it out and hope it is enough to deter me.

1 Like

I used cocaine everytime I drank. Our dealer used to call us “The 5 Pint Parade”

Pint 1: Shall we?
Pint 2: Nah lets just have a few beers
Pint 3: Anyone got his number?
Pint 4: Wheres it all gone?
Pint 5: Bring everything you got.

It was rare I ever used cocaine without alcohol but I know that thats where my trigger lies. Do you know where yours is?

Stay strong! Reset if you need to but dont stop trying and good luck!

For me its definitely alcohol as well.

Me too.
Another day off work today after being up for three days.
My nose is killing but the worst is I have had to lie to my colleagues again.
They’re not stupid. I feel like I’m on borrowed time.
It’s honestly not worth it.

Hey…sorry to hear about this. I too used to shove lots of crap up my nose. It can be a really tough cycle to break. What are you going to do different to try to say sober???
For me, losing EVERY connect number I had was first on my list. I also quit alcohol at the same time (the two went hand in hand). I started reading lots of books on recovery etc, made a list of why I want to be sober and read it when cravings hit.

Have you thought about NA? Or SMART meetings???