Cocaine has brought me to my knees

Been here before but lost my way and didn’t realise I had farther to fall before I finally hit the ground. I’m one day as I write this and spent today in bed if I’m honest. I’ve spent money I don’t have and weakened my business but more importantly I’ve lied to those that love me and caused much hurt. I have to beat this now as I really see no way forward unless I change. Looking to find friends here and to support others along the way asi try to get up from my knees :pray:

16 Likes

Hey buddy good job on day one. That’s a huge accomplishment. Cocaine did the same to be man, I’m 262 days sober from it. People, places and things is real. Change it all up,get rid of dealers numbers. If you have friends who still use I would not hang out with them, if you drink I would also get rid of that. If you’re anything like me 4 beers in and cocaine is on the agenda. Stick around and read a lil bit. Feel free to message me anytime. This journey is worth it bro, and I’m serious if I can do it. So can you

9 Likes

Good job on day one and coming and looking for help. Cocaine did the same thing to me, but I’m now almost 3 years sober. It is hard at first but as long as you keep pushing foward you will find that you can do it. It is a whole lifestyle change that you do need to make that will help you stay sober. Read on here as well, it has helped me. You will see that in the end it is all worth it. Feel free to message me if you want to. Just stay strong!

2 Likes

Thanks mike you have no idea how much your message means. Feel like this really isn’t me at all but here I am. Need to take the practical advice for sure and really make a fight of this :pray:

1 Like

Thankyou so much🙏 I work on my own and have been using in my workshop so it’s really going to be hard to turn that back into a positive place again and I’ve failed so many times but I want to make it this time. I need good people around me

It will be, but there can be ways that you can change how you view things in your workshop. You can always put things up to help remind you that you can do it, that you are stronger than this addiction. There were places that I couldn’t avoid either and it took me awhile to be able to be there and be fully okay with it. If you get that urge just take a step back and breathe, you will slowly start to ve okay again. It’s okay if you failed before you are trying again and that is what matters, you need to find a good support system so if you have any urges you can talk to them and have them help you through it. That’s why I said to feel free to message me, I’ve been there and I needed that strong support system to help me through it, just keep your head up and think about all the possibilities that can come when you are sober!

1 Like

Thankyou so much :pray:

Hey, Cocaine ruined my entire life, it took everything from me, but here I am 41 days sober. It lies to.you and makes you think you can’t cope without it, but you must stop listening to it and telling it no. Do whatever you have to do to distract yourself, this forum has helped me tremendously. Good luck, you can do this :muscle:t2:

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been through it mate. I’m desperate to get myself back on track. It’s crippling my life but I keep stumbling. Day one down tho and looking forward

2 Likes

Hi have you considered reaching out to your local drug and alcohol support team forum is great but support away from the screen is a must have.

2 Likes

I will investigate for sure! Need all the help I can get

Take it all and some if your serious about wanting another way BC this shit gets real fast. Welcome aboard

@anon60334405 basically said everything needed to be said. If you’re serious about this, you have to cut everyone off man. That’s the only way you’re going to be able to stand back on your feet from that kneeling position. If you’re able to (depending if you have insurance), check yourself into a reputable Rehab. Do it for at least 3 or 2 weeks ( I found 2 was enough for me). This way, you can be given guidance from the people who work there, listen and learn from other’s who are their that are in the same position you’re in (I learned most from these people. Very eye opening shit), it’ll give you time to reflect and think things through and most importantly, it’ll give you that clean time. That way, you can get a new phone number and give your loved one’s a piece of mind.

All this I did and here I am, in the National Guard about to deploy to the Middle East. I’m surrounded by awesome soldier’s and I’m very fortunate to share this experience with my wife. She’s also in the same unit. I even managed to finally quit the last vestiges of my old life. I’m on day 8 on quitting smoking Cigs. I’ve accomplished so much shit in 1 Year and 1 Month that it simply Baffles and Scares me at the same time. My only regret is not doing this sooner. I’m 34-years-old. Everything happens for a reason though and if I can do all of this shit, you sure as hell can as well, amigo!

3 Likes

What an amazing turn around and thanks for sharing your inspirational story. What a wonderful start to day 2. I will take as much of that advice as I can and this is now my sole priority :pray:

2 Likes