Coincidences

Hey all,

First before anything, my question may seem all over the place, and i don’t mean to confuse anyone, but I am quite confused myself.

I’d like anyone’s opinion on spirituality. very recently I came into a situation that changed my perception of my life. Not to really get into many details, as quickly as the situation came, it ended. Now, because of this, I have many questions and I am questioning the events of my life this year. Keep in mind, that nothing negative has taken place. I thought I had figured out my plans. But my life has changed, not for better or worse at this point. I am wondering if anyone believes in coincidences or do you believe that events take place because they are what we need in our lives. Has blind leaps of faith in life given you what you need and what should be? I know I have mentioned my experience in sobriety and my faith in ourselves for success in what we wish, but what about circumstance and things that we cannot control? What does everyone think or have experienced? I appreciate anything you have to share.

6 Likes

I believe the universe guides us in the same way that plants grow toward the sun. Plants do that instinctively. To be able to go with the universe’s guidance, we have to let go of all the worrying and second-guessing and doubting, and we have to have faith that taking healthy, constructive action, will lead to a good result. Then we have to do it, one day at a time.

7 Likes

I believe that we try to connect dots that just don’t connect. Why do we do this? Idk, because we’re wired to recognize patterns, or because we seem to want to make sense of everything, or maybe it makes us at ease to think that everything happens for a reason. I don’t believe that things happen for a reason, I do however, believe that there are things we can learn from the things that happen so that we are better prepared in the future.

6 Likes

Coincidentally i always questioned myself, wanted to know why? Dejavu could it be better if the cards were played differently maybe in a parallel universe, theres an infinte amount of possibilities for these problems. Change is constant so we think we have it figured, always some mitigating factor that can change the outcome. Have to quote Aristotle, famously wrote “The more you know, the more you realize you dont know”

3 Likes

3 Likes

Life happens. We are one of 7.8 billion people…on one planet of thousands.

Humans plan, dream, prepare…be it coincidence, hindsight, the “universe”, the hand of God…life will move us potentially in a completely different direction at times. There are simply to many variables in play.

With that said, I swear I heard God’s voice when I went sober. It was simple, mellow and to the point…“try sober” it said. So do I believe a power greater than me moves my world yes.

6 Likes

I don’t believe in coincidences or fate. Our choices govern our path.

2 Likes

Since you asked for all types of spirituality (I am no expert either)

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”

I believe that God puts us through tests and trials to make us stronger because He loves us and wants us to overcome sin (evil). I don’t believe God makes bad things happen because we were all born with freewill. I do believe things happen for a reason and that reason is God and God intervening because there were too many times In my life where I was in dangerous horrible situations and I made it out and I can’t say that it is merely a coincidence because I have FAITH and a knowing and trust within my Higher Power which is God, that He saved me from evil people, death, anything you can think of. Things that I don’t even know about. He has also blessed me abundantly since I returned to Him. Do I have blind faith? I don’t necessarily know. I can’t see God or have any evidence of Him except for what is in my heart and my own personal story which is a story of redemption, hope, and salvation. It’s a story of someone who was in Hell and got out and the only way out of Hell I believe is through God so that’s my story and I am sticking to it. Good luck on your spiritual journey!!!

2 Likes