Commitment

Right now, I have half a bottle of red, three quarters of a bottle of white, and four beers in the fridge. I don’t know how many times I have thrown away alcohol to stop myself from drinking or drunk all the alcohol in the house to stop myself from drinking.

This past year, I had the experience of quitting for 41 days. In that time, I felt more in control like I could decide the direction of my day, life. This experience shows me I can do it again, but it was really hard at times. My low self esteem fuels my drinking; stress locks me in a cycle; and the regrets from drinking before make it really difficult to stop. I just want to escape all of my bad decisions.

The main reasons I need to quit are financial and health reasons. My fiancé and I just moved into a more expensive apartment and I recently had an appointment with an eye doctor who said I had more floaters than most people of my age. I also experience memory lapses, hoarseness, stomach issues, fatigue and bruising— all sysmptoms that go away after a few weeks of not drinking.

I’ve been well aware that these problems could worsen and develop into a serious disease, if they haven’t already, but have kept drinking because it helped me forget all the damage I have done to my body.

At the end of this post now, I have intentional action to throw away my booze. I did this many times with cigarettes before finally giving up for good. I am committed to living a better life, the one that I have worked so hard for, and shedding influences like alcohol that only get in the way.

Day 1. I have decided and I am committed.

6 Likes

Go dump it down the drain and throw the bottles away!! Show a pic of them empty on here!! You can do this!! I cannot keep alcohol in my house either. I’ve dumped stuff out as well lol

3 Likes

I threw them out this morning in the dumpster. I did not dump them out and not gonna lie, have had the thought of fishing them out :confounded: GROSS

Your Not Alone with throwing it out or flushing it down the toilet, and then Buying more. I had my Daughter take or Hide the Wine I had in here. Have you Tried Affirmations, regarding your Low Self Esteem… If u have Keep going n keep telling yourself How Great u are!! If u haven’t you should try it…

1 Like

I like that…Affirmations! I think I’ll try that one.

1 Like