Complete twat!

Bloody sick of my husbands attitude now, it stinks :frowning: he came home and was shitty with me again and then poured and left a glass of wine on the kitchen top like he was trying to tempt me or annoy me (previously he has removed wine from the kitchen so as not to affect me!) Then he came down and made himself a cuppa and didn’t offer me one (we always ask the other if we would like one) he has been doing other things too seemingly to wind me up or provoke a reaction and I am finding it all really childish and ‘tit for tat’ behaviour!!! I have not risen to any of the bait and have come up to bed alone !!!

Just thought, I wonder if he is testing me, dishing out crap to see if I will hit the fuck it button and drink? If that is the case I feel sad because I have NO desire to drink at all and that would be so cruel of him to be trying to change that!!!

I would suggest getting a sponsor, doing the steps and making amends.

1 Like

It sounds like he doesn’t have your best interest in mind. My ex behaved in a similar way. He was very supportive at first but after a while, he kept trying to get me to drink and would say things like I should just learn to moderate myself. Our relationship was built on drinking together so I think he felt sort of abandoned.
It sounds as if you partner might be feeling the same thing or may actually be jealous of your strength and ability to quit if he’s a drinker himself. Either way, what he’s doing is wrong and hurtful and I think maybe you should talk to him about it.

3 Likes

I’d hope I’m reading this wrong - the glass of wine wasn’t for him?
If that’s the case, and if you’re able to, you need to sit him down and have a serious talk.
It’s not normal behaviour - it would certainly be filed under twattish!

1 Like

He is totally acting like a twat (I love that word) and it is so not cool. If it’s getting even for previous anise that is childish. If it is testing you to see if you’ll fail that is cruel.

Is there anyway to ask him? … to tell him how he’s hurting you? …to let him know that you are trying your best to make it up to him if only he would let you???

2 Likes

I’m sorry he’s handling your sobriety in such a childish way. If you can’t get support from him, you need to find it elsewhere, at least temporarily. It sounds like he’s trying to sabotage you and that’s not helpful. Get a sponsor or talk to someone else in recovery.

2 Likes