Concentrating on Sobriety

Hello everyone!! I want to experience life without alcohol. Tired of being an alcoholic, a slave to the bottle. I want to feel good and be happy facing life’s challenges sober.

16 Likes

Congratulations @NOALC welcome to the community that’s the first step wanting it for yourself

4 Likes

Welcome to the group. Take some time to read the threads, there is so much great information within them.

4 Likes

Welcome @NOALC.

2 Likes

Congrats on taking that first step and welcome! @NOALC

2 Likes

HI welcome :kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

My name is Chris, would like to tell y’all about my situation. I partied from the time I was 16-30drinking heavier in the younger years then would be good then stop. 3 years later & I’ve been doing really good until 3 weeks ago I went out with friends & messed up that 1 Saturday night having way to much to drink. My friends drove me to there house & I had regret in the morning & that week. So 20 days ago I decided to stop drinking permanently even if it meant losing friends. Tonight I went to Harris teeter & they offered me free samples of beer. I told the lady that I can’t accept anymore. So I was proud of that. Then this Saturday will be the first time I see my friends in 3 weeks. There’s a birthday party going on. Which I will do dinner only but will be going home after dinner. I fill like I need to show them I’m in control with my life. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers Saturday thank you.

4 Likes

Show yourself you are in control. Do not put your stock in others. You may lose some people in your group when you quit but it does not always happen. I did not lose one friend when I quit drinking I lost a lot of drinking buddies but not one friend. Knowing you have a problem is the first step. Now you have a support group here as well. When I first quit I went to parties and drove separate just in case it got hard to stay. Welcome to sobriety.

3 Likes

Welcome to the sober community. There are a lot of great people here and a lot of support.

1 Like

Welcome. Hope you find what you’re looking for. This is a great forum for recovering addicts. Good luck.

1 Like

Today marks 53 days Sober. I have been able to hang around people that are casual drinkers and not be tempted I think it just took a long time to want to change my way. I am going away this weekend with some friends for a birthday and I know out of 12 people I’ll be the only person not drinking. I just have to tell myself it will be fine because I’ll be there enjoying nature , fire, cooking out, house projects , rest and relaxation and friendship. It’s become easier in time not to participate. I’ll be honest church has really helped me going Wednesday and Sunday. Hope everyone is doing alright on this post.

2 Likes