Confused right from wrong

Slipped and fell on a thin iced pond. The water is fun but cold. I chilled and now im cold. But that pond is slippery. Anyway thats on me because i saw the sighs of thin ice… i wanted to show off because my friends were doing it. Theyre cool with it. The only problem is i dont like cold. Now im freezing. My friends are reaching but they’re hands are not strong. I can only save myself by finding sturdy foundations. Which i can see. How hard will i try to get to it. Slowly or quickly. Up to me.

Just a little from my experiences past and present.

Had to reset

6 Likes

Love the analogy, @ClearKindTrueStory. That’s a cold I’ve known. And wet! :joy:

I, too, had friends that laughed it off. They didn’t seem to sene the real danger or if they did, they didn’t care.

Fortunately some strangers walked by, and strong. They had been in that water before and knew that cold. They stepped past the others and threw me a rope.

All I had to do was grab on and pull. :heart:

9 Likes

Its a lifestyle change that i need to accept.

Everything… could use work

Im just happy i have my ged but my knowlage is still week.

Right from wrong… man my mood is changing 24-7

All i know is that sobriety come with great things
Thats what ive seen. Also the lifestyle change that im keeping in mind

Im not trying to be perfect. I just need to learn more. They say knowlage is power which is so true. If you dont know how to fix a problem, it wont get fixed. But anything can be learned.

@Eke thank you for support. Support can be life altering

3 Likes

This reminds me a lot of an actual time me and my friends set up camp in the middle of the night in the snow. We were drinking/drunk…Come to find out in the morning we had set up our tents on a frozen stream, which by morning was melting and running under the thin material of the tents and into our sleeping bags.

I feel you on this analogy.

5 Likes

Lol wow :sweat_smile:

Thats a cold morning

Pretty cool story as long as you guys were ok

Man packing up could have been tuff because of that

I havnt camped in forever

3 Likes

I’ve not yet camped since getting sober but I’ve done a ton of other things I thought I’d never enjoy again- like music festivals and karoake at bars and local concerts and traveling by plane and train and public speaking and dancing! I’m so glad I was not limited to my initial negative expectations of life in recovery :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I had a rough start too do to my expectations. Im fighting it though. I got to make a schedule to get good expectations going for me

Maybe try a meeting wish you well keep on trucking

1 Like

Heyy @Ray_M_C_Laren :slight_smile:

Thank you for the reachout

yes a meeting sounds good right about now

But im feeling good on my first full day. I really hope i get it this time

1 Like

Another relaps on weed and beer

It all started with a puff of weed then my obbsetion kicked off with 2 of the 16oz beers

It was lastnight around 12am when i had my last drink

Im sorry everyone. I will keep trying.
I also have a big book that im going to open up.

I didnt smoke pot or drink today all day and atleast i have that

I helped out friends today all day so thats also good

Yesterday at around 5 i smoked weed. Then that one little session lasted all night

I relapsed out of boredom

I came back because i was obsessing over it all eairly evening until now. I hate feening.

Im sorry guys

Hopefully i can do better this time

First question, is it easy for you to obtain weed and beer.
I found it so much easier if I had none in the house.
To borrow a phrase from @Yoda-Stevie - the hardest thing you have to do is say no to yourself. ( Or something like that).
It not easy when you’re bored and your addict mind is nagging away at you.
Find something to do to distract yourself.
There is no change without change!

3 Likes

It always starts with “1”. 1 toke, or line, or drink, or pill. It’s where the fight is lost. Now it’s just a matter of how big you lose.

I realized that I only had to say “no” to one drink…the drink that matters…the first drink. If I say “no” to the first, there can’t be a second or third or eighth. I win 100%.

You have to say “no” to the first whatever, and you have to say “no” to the hardest person to say “no” to: yourself.

It’s not the easy path. The easy path is saying “yes”. The hard path is saying “no”.

The thing is, the easy path leads to a hard life, and the hard path leads to an easier life. This is the dichotomy of discipline.

6 Likes

Im here again like wow

No weed or beer around

Reached out and lead me here

Ill be reading

1 Like