Controlled drinking

has anyone successfully accomplished thi

1 Like

There was just a long thread about this about a week ago. Maybe do a little search and read off of that.:wink::raising_hand_woman:

6 Likes

Not if they are an alcoholic

9 Likes

I did this, would still have bouts of way too much. It got me to the point of not addicted. No withdrawals after first day with out. Will see how day 2 turns out.

2 Likes

What you did there, I see it.

Agree.

I’ve tried this more than once and it never worked. It’s too much of a slippery slope. Every time I think I can control it, my life descends into chaos for months until I can get back on track again.

7 Likes

Me too, maybe change down the road, but not right now for sure!

2 Likes

Doesn’t work for me.

I tried limiting myself, drinking light beer, drinking slowly… it doesn’t work for me

3 Likes

Just one word “Nope”.

2 Likes

When i drink, i drink to get fucked up there is no in between for me. Blackout out nothing. That’s why i am on this site and that’s why i am a alcoholic

8 Likes

Me too it’s bad

I always worry about the longterm damage ive done to my brain. Ive said on this site before it was a big deal to me if i didn’t blackout, like i did something good for not blacking out. Terrible

7 Likes

It works.
For the first couple of bottles… of wine.
Next day heading back to a full week bender at least. Then try to stop again. Don’t work out. Repeat 3-4-5 times until you get sober for a couple of days.
Then ask again, « well maybe if I just control my drinking I’ll be fine… »
It works.
For the first couple of bottles …
repeat for years

7 Likes

Alcohol is really a terrible drug. I’ve been a binge pattern drinker for so long and I’ve done so much stupid shit because of it.

Literally can blame most of my regrets and problems on booze.

Wouldn’t make sense to keep going.

5 Likes

I have tried drinking lite beer and it worked for a few months. I would have 1 or 2 a night. Then it became 3-4 and so on. I would buy the smallest bottle of whiskey and still drink it all and if it wasn’t enough I mixed it with pills. In my opinion, an alcoholic (which I fully am) can NOT do controlled drinking. For me it’s all or nothing and this is with everything. I have a very addictive personality.

6 Likes

Short answer: NO!!!

3 Likes

Zero alcoholics have… i was 0 for 100 when i figured that one out.

1 Like

Hahaha, not for lack of trying.

At the end of the day, deciding to not drink and instead focus on recovery was so much of a relief. Burns a lot fewer mental calories knowing I’m sober, period, and the ones I do spend are usually going to something more worthwhile.

No doubts and no regrets. I’m sober.

(Ok, there are still doubts. :joy: At least now my head is clear enough to sort through them.)

5 Likes

Oh tried that so many times. My go to was… Only on the weekends. I’ll just stick to the weekends. Ya…no… Never worked.

4 Likes

I am trying and wanting to end my addiction on alcohol by all means necessary but I am wanting it last few months always. Don’t know what to do. I’m a casual smoker also but my consuming alcohol level has escalated to an level where I can not stop. I feel like dying sometimes cause of it…