Coping mechanisms

Having a hard time tonight, and during the days with all the new time i have, anyone got any tips or inspiration, i do journal in my diary that does help me to an extent but need other healthy ideas to possibly try x

5 Likes

Hi :raising_hand_woman:

Have you tried online meetings ?
They really help and can be so powerfull for me in my moments of doubt or feeling low.

Hi @Keddiecat my name is Ree and have been sober for 36 days. I struggled at first with all my free sober time too. I recently joined a yoga group and am really enjoying it. It calms my anxiety, helps me remain present and that in turn helps me take it ODAAT (one day at a time). Sometimes i struggle so much that i need to take it back to one moment at a time because of my anxious thoughts. I used to numb them by drinking but now I am learning to sit with them and work out where they are coming from. Yoga has helped me with that so much. I also take medication to curb my cravings. It has helped enormously!
Hang in there my new friend. I am always here and you are not alone.
Ree :heart:

1 Like

Hello and congratulations on your sober time. Yes that free sober is just that for me i started doing what i use to do before drinking like exercising, riding bike,walking ex. Reading and listening to music, online meetings just staying busy n keeping my mind off drinking but mostly during positive things.