Corin is whining again

Here we go again. Wanting something I don’t have. Companionship. I know deep down that God has me on a self discovery mission, which probably was intended for me to go alone ( for now ). Just taking an educated guess. I know God didn’t put us on this earth to be alone. I’m just so use to having someone there… Im not sad. I just feel like I’m missing someone I haven’t even met yet. Does that make any sense to you? So while I’m living this journey single today… its in very much in my nature to share moments… Intimately, like when I see something amazing, see something beautiful, something flat out preposterous, lol… Even watching tv alone is different. My mindset is positive and I have a strong spiritual connection. I can be mindful of the moments. I have graditude for what I’ve been given. I understand I’m preparing myself for what God wants for me. But today I’m missing the person I haven’t met yet!

25 Likes

Not whining…putting out there what you desire!! Thoughts become reality… so keep thinking about what’s coming:-)

Maybe cliche but I believe it♥️

6 Likes

Girl, I feel ya. Im that way. I havent really watched tv or been out other than work at all since I got sover and alone. Its a totally different experience. But im confident God has someone for you! Ready and waiting for your season to come!

3 Likes

I haven’t been in the situation of being alone but bet it’s really hard.

I’d struggle to keep on the straight and narrow by myself. I commend anybody who stays sober alone

The right person will come along for you :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you for being so supportive. I was afraid it would sound shallow, but your right @MagicMama I’m putting it out there. U know I dont spill much, lol. @DarrenUK @DeadMist
Its like this. It seems like a small thing in the big picture, but feels BIG.

3 Likes

Not feeling lonely as well as filling that void with the RIGHT person is big! You aren’t shallow. Its important. :smiley:

I agree, the right person will come when you’re ready. It’s hard being ‘alone’ in the world…life is so beautiful and tragic, it’s normal to want to share those experiences with someone special. I wish I had that too. But in the past…5 months I thought I was ready two different times, and the universe quickly said “lol nope”. At first I felt duped and wanted to turn hard, who am I kidding, I still get those urges, but I know it’s for the better. If it’s meant to be, it will be. And I guess these things will come when we are ready. I’m still fighting the urge to believe society has f’d everyone up and there are no truly good people out there… or no one willing to do the work at least. Or maybe I just expect too much and I’ll never settle for less, which is fine by me.

Everyone here keeps trying, so I’ll use this group as hope that there is someone else out there working on themselves to find me (hopefully soon lol)

I wish the same for you. I believe it will happen :heart:

13 Likes

Wow. You get me…

1 Like

not sure what the covid situation and lockdowns are like where you live but when you get the chance go and show the world who you are now and what you got, somebody is out there and they are waiting to meet you.

2 Likes

You aren’t shallow at all Corin. Wanting to connect is a basic human need. It’s as basic as needing food.

How we connect and with whom we connect (and remember, we also have a relationship with our self - that is our core and most important relationship, because it defines how we relate to the world) - there’s as many ways to do that as there are people. But the act of connecting - meaningfully; intimately (“into-me-see”: intimacy is that open dive into a person) - that is what we yearn for.

I know God is significant to you. One of the wonders of being human is in seeing the wonder of God’s creation, and the reflection of God, the image of God, in another person. For me personally I think that’s one of the things we yearn for most deeply in life: to see our creator; to have a relationship with our creator.

I don’t know what this means for you personally right now; I’m musing a bit - I hope you will forgive me :innocent: But your share is so true, and so sincere. So human. To me I see that yearning to connect with creation. I don’t know what it means. But that’s what stands out for me.

Take care Corin and remember: you’re a wondrous creation, a divine soul, who deserves a safe, meaningful, and fulfilling life. You are born to grow and to connect. Search for your truth, search, search, and strive tirelessly - and you will find it.

7 Likes

Matt… Goodness. Thank u 4 taking time out for me and saying everything u said. I needed it… every word. I wanted 2 get on zoom tonight, but now I’m a mess, I can’t stop the urge to cry… inbetween crying. I am trying 2 just relax

2 Likes

Get on zoom and just listen. Turn the video off maybe? It’s ok. :innocent:

1 Like

If it will help. You don’t need to feel alone :innocent:

1 Like

Its exhausting being strong all the time.

3 Likes

Yes. It starts to feel like a veneer. And then eventually it chips and wears and starts to peel. You get to a point where you wish you had company to chip and wear and peel with you.

Who are you being strong for?

Me, that’s who. I’m starting to see the lesson in today already. When I get all the peices together I will share it.

1 Like

Mmm ok. I understand. We put on performances for ourselves even. (Talk about having a relationship!)

I’m glad you’re seeing something in this. You’re a smart cookie Corin. You’ll find what this means for you.

Sweet dreams :innocent:

And - closing note - I see you’re in West Virginia; that state is so beautiful. I searched up some photos just now. I’ve never been but I would visit there in a heartbeat. Will have to go next time we go down to the States. :smile:

2 Likes

Awe. Thanks so much for talking me through it Matt :orange_heart::heart::purple_heart::blue_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart:

1 Like

How were things for you today Corin?

I understand what you experiencing…
Just know, we may experience being alone but that doesn’t mean we must experience loneliness…keep shining love…keep fighting the good fight…remain clear and present to receive gods blessings

One life
One love
LIVE LOVE

3 Likes