Crappy Posters

Does anyone know any way to stay motivated without crappy platitudes and cliches? Im 30 days sober and i dont want to just hear motivational poster crap.

3 Likes

Only you can be the change!
You are strong, keep fighting!
Never give in, pain is weakness leaving your body!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

17 Likes

I stay motivated by working on my recovery bookā€¦whatā€™s your plan?

5 Likes

Remembering how shitty life used to be is a pretty good motivator for me

10 Likes

My strongest motivator is remembering why I got sober in the first place. Iā€™m never going to allow myself to be in that shitty place of not ā€œlivingā€ ever again!

8 Likes

I just feel a hell of a lot healthier in every aspect of my life. Thatā€™s motivation enough.

7 Likes

All those crappy cliches and euphemisms make a lot more sense the longer youā€™re sober and when you work a program.

8 Likes

Hang in there :smirk_cat:

2 Likes

A teabag recently told me something along the lines of: In the beginning is you, in the middle is you, in the end is you.
Mostly I find teabag quotes to be on the cheesy side, but I appreciated this one. I think itā€™s good to remember that you are the one person that youā€™re going to spend every single moment of your life with, so do your best to be someone that you feel good about.

7 Likes

Sorry couldnā€™t resist the tie in to the cat posters. LOL

2 Likes

So this is where we air our grievances against pinterest?

6 Likes

Teamwork makes the dream work

2 Likes

What are you looking for? How would you like the supporters to support you? Maybe we can meet you where your at?

Been watching too much good bones?

1 Like

563786_p

2 Likes

And your wager?
Suck it, Trebek. Niceā€¦

5 Likes

Iā€™ll take an album cover for 200

I think i dont like the ā€œposterā€ style cliches and platitudes because my circumstances arent normalā€¦ i didnt choose to stop drinking, i developed an intolerance to alcohol and now i cant drink. Ive never had a problem with alcohol but now that it has been ā€˜takenā€™ from me, im struggling.

I guess im just looking for something meaningful that tells me its for the best.

There is such a wide range of content on this forum, Iā€™m sure you will find something that speaks to you.

Personally I find some of the poster stuff helpful, not all of it but sometimes it speaks to me. But I am only on one thread here where that is the focus.The vast majority of content that Iā€™ve seen is about peopleā€™s struggles and their successes. Plus the occasional super random/general chat stuff ha.

Reading more about the experience of others going through a similar journey is something thatā€™s been really powerful for meā€¦ Even when their circumstances are quite different. It has helped me better understand the negatives associated with dependency and I have recognised behaviours in myself that I hadnā€™t thought about before.

Most importantly though I have seen so many positive stories of sobriety and what a wonderful community of support there is if you want to reach out.

Hope you find what youā€™re looking for!

Ive never had a problem with alcohol but now that it has been ā€˜takenā€™ from me, im struggling.

Sounds like you didnā€™t know you were alcoholic until the alcohol was gone. You might want to look at that, real hard. Do you identify as an alcoholic?

Blessings on your house.

4 Likes