Craving pain relief

Akdjdjskskdjdjdkskdkrjskrjd
My brain feels like it’s leaking out of my skull and the Advil ain’t cutting it. DOC=opiates. I’ve had this fucking migraine for two days and ima bout to snap.

Don’t snap, then this pain would all be for nothing. Is it possible to find some distraction? Like taking a bath or shower for some relaxation?

Maybe seeing a doctor if they continue. Headaches can be triggered by many things. From dehydration to stress or medications. Even OTC benadryl can cause migraines. Hate to say it but opiates will give u headaches and help none if not make it worse (they always have for me if i took alot). Ive had plenty of injuries in my first year that ive found to manage a little inconvenience of pain. Usually if i cut myself or smash my finger. ill yell curse words n get over it.

1 Like

I used to get crippling headaches in early sobriety. Probably for two months. I took Excedrin and drank a lot of water. Caffeine helped as well, just don’t overdo it.

I made it through another day without caving. I woke up with slightly less pounding. I know the chiropractor would help but he’s not open until Monday and I know it’s because my parents are in town and stress. I went so many years with pockets full of oxys that nothing seems to help anymore. I remember keeping a bottle of aspirin in the glovebox or my car in high school for headaches so I’ve always had them. (I’m 40 btw) the oxy or vics of course buried them for many years but they still broke through just not as bad. Chiro says it’s because I have a verebrea in my neck that leans the wrong direction. And it does help when I pop in to see him. I think the tension I keep in the base of my skull/neck from the family being in town exasperates that as well as being it’s own headache lol I’m gonna bring a bottle of Excederin with me to family time today.

Do you have time to see a massage therapist? I am going to mine today and she always works out my neck/ upper back. That’s where I keep all my stress also.

1 Like