Cravings can be strong

Hi All, hope you guys are all well. I’m 14 days sober tomorrow! I am, however really struggling with cravings today. Really just want to go for a beer. Have struggled a bit over the past week too. I’m exercising lots and my mind is so much clearer but the cravings can be strong, when do these bad boys reduce?

4 Likes

24 hour day and night AA zoom meeting code

Join in, you can have your camera and audio off no one will know your there.
This can really help with cravings and keep you sober.

It does get easier, every craving we get passed it gets easier.

Also congratulations on your 14 days

3 Likes

Congratulations on your 14 days. That’s quite and accomplishment. You are doing so good. I don’t have an answer for your question about the cravings. I reckon everyone is different. I did a lot of romanticizing about the drink for the longest time. Anyway. Have you heard of

Sometimes this can be very helpful.
And Brian started a thread about it.

It’s a good thread.
I know for me, I never want to do those first 2 weeks over again. I don’t know if I could.
:pray:t2:

2 Likes

Congratulations on ur upcoming 2 weeks :slight_smile: I found the first couple weeks were particularly hard for cravings and triggers. Once I began finding healthy ways to reduce the cravings, they lessened alot for me. But like I said they only lessened when I actually did something about them. And now it’s become pretty much 2nd nature to get rid of them bcuz work was being done to learn new coping skills. I used to sit with them and focus sooo much on the intensity of the craving and as much as I tried to get rid of them my whole focus was on drugs and not using. When I get a craving today I put an end to it right away. I don’t stew on it so it gets bigger and stronger to the point where I cave. I remember why I’m staying clean. I look at photos of people who rely on me and I read my list of my reasons why I quit. I distract myself and I pray. Cravings are ONLY a thought. We don’t have to react to every thought we have and it’s a conscious decision to not react to that thought of using. It’s just not worth having to reset ur timer over. Drugs and alcohol serve no real purpose or benefit in our lives. And our mind will lie to us and try to convince us that we need it. It’s just not true. I have 135 days today and my life has never been better!! There’s a reason why u quit. Stay true urself :relieved:

3 Likes

Hi does that zoom meeting 24 hr a day need a code too? Thanks

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you for this, I love the idea of a list. I’m going to do one of those, top tip!

1 Like

No password just the code 2923712604

:slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you!

1 Like