Cravings, help

Hi everyone, I’m new to this. First time posting, I’m 8 days clean off opiate pills. The physical withdrawal has eased now, but now I’m finding it so hard to shake the craving of wanting to have pills. Pay day is tomorrow and I’m so scared I’ll cave again and relapse. Help :cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat:

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum Nicolle. You can find lots of good help on here. I don’t know much about pills. I’m an alcoholic. But it’s great you got 8 days clean so far. I also know it’s easier said than done but; one day at a time. I’m not drinking today. That’s all I’m going to concern myself with now. You might feel better tomorrow. First few weeks are tough on all of us. Get in some good exercise or a good power walk. Find something else to do that makes you feel better. Keep reading on here.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

welcome here.
play the movie forward… you know where it leads. make a plan and stick to it. only for today. ask for help here when in doubt.
You can do this! together with all the tribe members here!

2 Likes

Maybe on payday buy yourself a nice treat and celebrate your recovery. Practice some self love and self care. Maybe delivery from your favorite restaurant, a bath, a book. When I was feeling like I had “extra” money (no such thing) that I could’ve spent on booze and drugs, I bought myself a little something to congratulate myself on staying sober. Nothing extravagant, just a nice little reminder that I am doing good things and I deserve a treat once in a while. Sending strength your way. :black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:

3 Likes