Cravings help

Ive been sober for three months now from crack,speed, alcohol, and weed. But i keep getting reccurent crqck cravings, how long will thia last or will it ever get less intense?

5 Likes

Hang in and stay here, you will get answers and good help. Sorry you have the cravings, I hope they go away soon.
Lots of reading you can do here also. There is a search bar at the top.
More people will answer about the crack…
Congrats on your three months! Keep doing what has been working for you. The cravings will get less and less.
Welcome!

3 Likes

Thank you for the reply, how long usually before it gets bearable?

2 Likes

Cravings come and go when a craving comes I exercise or go a long walk make some food take your mind off it by keeping bizzy and it will pass I also go to AA and CA meeting you can do them online aswell well done on your 3months

4 Likes

Congrats on 3 months :slightly_smiling_face:
Do you go to any meetings?
Its great you have reached out here instead of picking up you DOC, i hope your cravings go just hang in there okay :hugs:

3 Likes

Its hard and honestly havn’t been to a meeting in a while… feel like im holding on to sobriety with one finger

2 Likes

We just learn how to cope with the urges day by day, the more we put the work and effort into our recovery the further we progress along with our sobriety

3 Likes

Thanks i try

You can try writing down your feelings and what you think your benefits are from using. What does the drug use ever do for you honestly?

1 Like

My DOC was alcohol but the cravings were very very intense early on. Please take a look at your H.A.L.T. Are you hungry angry lonely or tired? These things are major triggers and spark off the area of our brains that deal with the addiction. You are doing an amazing thing becoming sober, protect your sober time my friend and please get yourself to a meeting. Please stay strong! Over time, every time we say no to the craving it gets ever so slightly less intense. This is down to your brain re-wiring new habits that don’t include our DOC’s. Each craving will pass, I know how hard it is to ride through the cravings but dig deep, this to shall pass :pray:t2::two_hearts:

3 Likes

I had nevwr heard of HALT thank you!

1 Like

It really works! Type H.A.L.T into the magnifying glass search at the top of the page there are some really good tips and info on it. :pray:t2::two_hearts:

Thank you so much!

How you doing today, you making it through alright?

It’s very hard I’m 4 months off crack I still get urges too ,when i do I go to the gym it helps a lot try anything to get your mind off of it. do you have anyone you talk to on the regular to help you? Remember why you stopped! Remember the money you spent! Remember the time it took away from your family!!! It’s hard I know just try to think of all the negative stuff that would bring sweetie your doing great DONT STOP TRYING BELIEVE IN YOURSELF YOU GOT THIS

3 Likes

This resonates with me, found it here.

2 Likes

Yeah im doing ok its harder in the evening like around 9oclock it kind of hits me usually

2 Likes

Another day won is better than another day one. Cravings were so intense when I got off of opiates. Naltrexone really helped me and I’m not ashamed to say that I took it for almost a year before i felt comfortable enough to stop. Sharing with others when I had cravings helped tremendously. It helped me connect with others who were dealing with the same thing I was.

NEVER CRAVE ALONE

2 Likes