Crystal meth addiction, 1st day sober

Hi everyone, I’m currently on my very first day well first hour even of sobriety off of crystal meth. I’ve struggled with crystal meth addiction since I was 15 years old and I’m 21 almost 22 now. Does anybody have any advice or encouragement? I could really use it right about now…

13 Likes

You can do this it will not be too bad. Soon the drug will wear off and you will crash for a few days just waking up to eat, drink, and pee. Eat and drink as much as possible and let sleep come.

Next may be harder you will have no energy for a couple of weeks but don’t pick up again!!! Very important… commit to your sobriety. When you are well enough seek help from your local addiction agency or go to NA meetings in person or online , there is even a Crystal Meth Anonymous in bigger cities.

You got this girl! I am day 44 off meth and feeling great.

5 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m feeling pretty bad right now physically but I’m staying strong through it

3 Likes

Thatta girl! I have been clean and sober from meth and everything else for 928 days. It can be done. Reach out if you want. 6047790145

4 Likes

Hey, so glad you are here. Meth is not an easy drug to stop but it is possible. I celebrated 16 years clean from Meth this summer. I was an all day everyday user for 7 years, and I quit cold turkey. I basically slept for the first month, it took me about that long to detox because I was using such an insane amount of meth. The first couple of weeks I was alone and it was a bad idea I should have had someone taking care of me, after that I had someone to shower me and change my sheets. I was sweating out toxins like you wouldn’t believe it was gross. I ended up with boils on my skin from the drugs coming out of my body. All that shit that is in your body will come out and it will feel like a fucking exorcism I am not kidding. Once you have detoxed though you will feel like a human again and then you will be able to start building your life back.

I made three huge mistakes when I cleaned up in 2005.

• I blamed meth for my addiction
  • I didn’t see the value of surrounding myself with other addicts in recovery
  • I thought I should just stay away from drugs but that drinking was ok.

Hang on tight and do this for yourself, you deserve to have a life free from that shit and active addiction. Reach out to me anytime you like, sending so much love and strength. You can do this.

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

14 Likes

Thank you so so much :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Can I still reach out to you? Struggling again… :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

Hey Kayla,

I’m here, what’s going on? You’re not alone.
:orange_heart:

3 Likes

Having a really hard night and feeling super triggered to keep using because I relapsed only a few hours ago… so ashamed of myself

1 Like

Sorry to hear about the relapse. I’m not sure about where you live but picking up drugs here is like playing Russian roulette I am glad you are ok.

2 Likes

I live in Ontario and the drugs here can be like that too… I wish I was able to use my healthy coping skills that I’ve been in therapy for years trying to learn but when I get upset like this I always seem to turn to either methamphetamines or self harm (cutting). I just wanna do better and be better so bad…

4 Likes

Seems we have the same “coping skills”…

It’s taken me a long time to be able to understand my emotions and be able to ride the hugeness of them. Dialectical Behavior Therapy worked best for me, I am just starting my second time taking it. Have you done DBT?

2 Likes

Something that I had to change was the way I was thinking about myself and my situation. The more I thought I was a piece of shit the more I treated myself as one. Something that helped me was taking a step back and looking at whether I was trying my best. Most times I found I absolutely was and that was just what my best looked like those days. I am not a better person today, sure I have better coping skills but I am still me trying my best everyday.

So you relapsed today and your best coping skill today isn’t your preferred. That’s ok… don’t pick up anymore drugs let yourself get over this lot inside you and start fresh. No sense in making it worse and making youself feel shittier.

What supports do you have for your addiction recovery?

4 Likes

We just need to get good support group NA is a life saver for many, let others love us until we can love ourselves. Your not alone there are several people here that know the kind of battle it is to make the break from Crystal

1 Like

Reach out.

Reach out anytime ok.

Welcome. I used to do Meth too. I watched it destroy everyone around me. I would,do crazy stuff to get more drugs.

I quit that many years ago. It was not easy. I had to make all new friends and move. Changed my life for the better.

I have struggled with alcohol over the last several years. Working on that now.

1 Like

Your stronger than you think you are. One minute one second one day at a time! Don’t overthink and definitely don’t allow negative people or active users in! Find a safe sober group to go to and keep going back!

1 Like