Cut a long way into pieces

I’m addicted to sugar - and I’m allergic to it.

9 month ago I got the hint, less sugar would help with my migraine. It does. And with so many other thinks (from 30kg overweight to stomach crumps all day). But I realised, I’m addicted to it in a more than usual way.

When I first get the hint with sugar, I thought reducing would be enough. But I was permanent nervous and edgy and irritated. And I permanent ate.
Then I stopped eating white sugar and other sweeteners. I just used dry fruit, fresh fruit and coconut blossom sugar (because all of them don’t influence the blood sugar so much). Three weeks were like hell. But I was in a health resort during that time because of my migraine and I got it. But during the Christmas days I baked a lot with coconut blossom sugar and ate a lot of chocolate with coconut blossom and nuts and raisins… And now all the withdrawal symptoms are back. I’m nervos and edgy, can’t sleep and still want more - first more raisins and more and more, till the migraine was back and the stomache crumps, then I nearly eat white sugar again. So I realise: there are no shortcuts or replacement substances. I “just” need to quit it all. And I had to stop listening to all the well-meaning people knowing, that there are replacement possibilities. There aren’t for me. It’s hart to realise, I’ll never eat something sweet again. That abstinence is what’s best for me. And when I think I have to get through a though day without the kick of sugar I nearly start to cry immedetly.
But there are just two options: taking the physical restrictions, the 30kg I fought for 10 years, the migraine, the stomache crumps and the bad mood, the sleepless nights, the impatience.
Or fight it and get payed for giving up sugar with better health, better family life, better sleep…
And so I’ll try. I feel like crying or damaging something and I’m shivering the hole day.
First 24 hours are gone and till now I got it.

For now, I just put it in seven 24 hours steps.
And then seven more.
And then seven more.
From the first time I know, after three weeks the worst is gone.
Then I’ll look further.
Keep your fingers crossed for me, guys!

2 Likes

Three days sober… I tricksed a little by eating a lot of chips (salted ones, the other are with sugar) to help me trough the first week. I will get this done this time.