Cutting down on Marijuana before I quit

Hey everyone,

I am attempting cutting down first over the next few days then quitting on Monday.
I am trying to just have 2 joints a day one before dinner and one before bed.
Today I have woken up and had one. I want to try to stop doing this as it ruins my day with lack of motivation and I feel like a zombie walking around.
Any suggestions for not smoking when I wake up?
Thank you!!

I started edibles to quit the smoking then cut the edibles down and quit over a couple of weeks. Made it a bit easier, although I didn’t do it daily, nor did it cause me any crazy issues, just wanted to get sober and find my mojo again.

2 Likes

I live in Australia and don’t have access to Edibles unfortunately.
Yes I am the same I only smoke after work and early mornings I am fine during the day without it. I did smoke the last 2 days because they were my days off and I smoked so much. feeling so shit from it because ive been eating so much!!
I am at work the next 5 days so really just trying to shake the wake and bake for now I dont know why I feel like it so bad!

Try changing up your routine. I know that helped me a lot actually. Rather than wake up and smoke. Try waking up, having a cup of coffee to get your day started.
I also had to change my people, places, and things. I couldnt stop smoking if i was constantly around it. Just my experience is all, might be different for you…
Hope this helps…

2 Likes

Thank you.
I will try this in the morning and let you know how I go.
I normally have my coffee after my joint so ill see how I go
Thanks again

Wake up and hit a run instead of a joint :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was thinking of doing some exercise as soon as I wake up. Thank you!

Question for @Lucy and @NewPerspective: what is the legal status of canabis where you live? Here in The US, there are a handful of states where it’s legal, some where it’s been decriminalized, some where it’s medical only, and some with complete criminalization.

It’s illegal but pretty tolerated in Scotland. You would not be arrested for possession of personal usage amounts, nor have a criminal record, it would simply be confiscated if the cop can be bothered with it unless you are very unlucky or a persistent offender. Police are not really interested in personal use, it’s the wider criminal gangs and supply they target.

I also lived in Holland for a while and it’s semi legal there, free to buy from coffee shops and carry small personal use amounts up to 5 grams.

Thankfully I no longer need to worry about it, I quit weed long before alcohol.

1 Like

Thanks. So basically it’s “decriminalized” meaning you might get hassled for using in public or found in possession of an amount that would reasonably be considered “for personal use”, the worst sanction would be a citation and small fine?

I used to smoke many years ago (Ronald Reagan was in his 1st term), as a teen. I’ve never used it as an adult, nor would I, even if it was legalized. It’s not a simple malum prohibitum vs. malum en se argument for me. More a malum mihi vs. Quia omnis mali question. The fact that it’s “prohibitum” here where I live just makes my personal debate moot.

Basically yes although I’d be reluctant to say decriminalised as it’s still an illegal registered class B drug and if you found a difficult enough cop you could end up in the big house for a period

1 Like

When I worked in London years ago there used to be a hard core of mainly builders and the trades who used to smoke quite openly in the street, on railway platforms, in vans and trucks or in the toilets of train carriages (even though they were nob-smoking). I hardly go into London now but when I do I don’t see any of that. Probably because the stink of skunk and super skunk makes it so obvious. Does anyone like that smell? Maybe it’s acquired.

Medicinal Marijuana is allowed for patients now but it’s not like Bend Oregon or Venice Beach LA where you can just walk in.
I wish we had Dispensaries like there!!
I just get a bit off my friends

I succeeded and didn’t wake and bake today, I can’t believe the strength I had to overcome it. I thought about having one then thought no I will wait till tonight after work.
Thanks again for the support!

2 Likes

I find this not what an addict wants to hear buttt there is no easing or smoking less. When i had to quit for drug court. I just quit cold turkey only way i could do it or id be cheating myself. I get away with it once ill do it again n again. Try quitting as many days as u can as u string days along each time it will get easier. Sometimes it takes many relapses before we get it right…goodluck

Thanks guys!
Im completed day one the sleeping was hard I had bad insomnia then a massive migraine which I didnt take anything to help as ive quit any form of tablet.
I managed to get to sleep and had some amazing dreams which I remember.
Feeling like im hungover today not sure why any ideas?

haha isn’t it great to remember your dreams . Don’t know about the hangover feeling, you been keeping hydrated?

Weed inhibits part of your brain which releases dmt, the chemical in your brain which induces dreams, so upon cessation you should have some vivid dreams, kinda cool if you ask me!

Yes very cool im excited to get my dreams back.
I relapsed ive been smoking for the last 2 weeks.
Ive gained the weight back on I lost
Ive been getting angry feelings and I want to quit again.
I have been so good with quitting alcohol this year I have had relapes but not that many. I have quit weed before and know I can do it.
I want to lose weight and not feel angry.
I feel like such a loser because I smoke.
My work has given me less hours next week so now im freaking out what am I going to do with all this free time and trying to quit weed asap. I spent $100 on it didnt even last a week normally it will last close to 2 so now im smoking more and feeling anxious thoughts of quitting even though ive done it before.
Thanks guys