Cynical Haters "in recovery"

I had 134 days before I had a couple days of meth usage. Didn’t return to the needle. Smoked weed for the comedown. Even before this relapse… some narcissistic prick came in the house acting like he owned the place. He has a detailing business and employed two guys who stopped talking to me after a short time. He tried recruiting me but I worked 2 jobs working from 8am to 9pm. Quiet time is 10pm but this dude is up til past midnight talking about how successful he is. After many attempts of trying to be polite and ask him to keep it down (dragging through the days) I relapse and lose my morning job. I’m doing okay financially still. About a week ago, he tries to be all friendly and lowball me on the car I’m selling I told him we would talk about it later that night. He goes out and buys a van and didn’t talk to me at all after that. He targets me in house meetings saying that people who relapse piss him off and that if I tell anybody anything that I’m doing in recovery I’m just bragging. I reach out to those who are still suffering and also those who have many years of sobriety. Last night I came in and he’s saying that I’m walking around like I’m tweaking. I’m stone cold sober and he’s yelling at me that I’m disrespecting the house and that I’m not going to meetings, which I am, and I’m also doing step work with a sponsor. I don’t know how to deal with this dude. I think he’s jealous cuz I rolled up in a new whip the day before he spazzed out on me. Anybody know how to deal with this type of person? I’ve already told him to mind his own business and it’s my path, not his. I don’t have to prove anything to him but he keeps coming at me.

2 Likes

3 Likes