D1 Trying to be free from weed

So here I am again.
Trying this thing.
Again.
Trying to be free from weed.

Weed that has been keeping me from evolving personally, mentally, physically, professionnally, psychologically and more.

I’m on my first hour but I really want this to work out this time. My goal was to be sober before I’m 40 which is in a month.

I even talked to my uncle about my goal. He’s the only person in my whole family to know about my goal because I can relate to him (he was a heavy user from like 1975 to 1990).

My husband also knows I wanted to do that but I didn’t talk to him about it yet, why? Because I’m afraid to fail again, that’s why :confused:

Anyways…
Thanks in advance.
Your support is really appreciated.
Have a good journey.

Marie Isabelle

6 Likes

It’s fantastic that you’ve come on here, and youve posted and you’re trying something new.

You list quite a few things that seem like very strong reasons to quit. If I could suggest anything it would be to add things on the side that will help you overcome and stay quit. You’ve told your uncle, awesome. Now add some weight to the side of staying quit and get some more power in your arsenal. Willpower alone is not enough. You need support, you need tools for coping, tools for change, tools for emotional regulation, you need distraction, and the list goes on and on. How can you add this to your list? Support groups for me are huge, I love my NA homegroup. Books, podcasts, meditation, excercise, yoga…these are just a tiny selection of things to put in your arsenal to help you beat this and stay quit and get this substance off of your back so you can become the person you were meant to be.
Change will happen when something changes! If nothing changes then …nothing will change.
This forum is an EXCEPTIONAL tool. Read, read, read. So much wisdom, knowledge, experience and information in here. So much good, healthy, sobriety.
You can do this! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Welcome Marie! :wave:t2: It takes a lot of courage to reach out and share like this. You’re making a good step here; there’s lots of support and knowledgeable people here on Talking Sober

2 Likes