Daily Gratitude Group

Grateful for the voice of Eddie Vedder - whose music can make me feel like I am still nineteen years old. (I know, I know…that’s really random.):thinking:

5 Likes

I am grateful I live miles away from a liquor store, because it takes effort & time to get there, which means more opportunity for me to make good decisions.

3 Likes

I am grateful for my bed. And Netflix and my cat.sleepy time goodnight!

2 Likes

I’m grateful for the people that never gave up on me.

2 Likes

I am grateful that I’m noticing that I am changing for the better. I am more positive. I feel more joy. If something sets me off, I’m better at recognising it and taking a pause before reacting. I’m better at thinking about what is good and healthy for me. I’m more thoughtful of others.
Long may this personal progress continue.

4 Likes

Today I’m greatful for my optimism and courage :smiley:

6 Likes

I am grateful that my mad anxious thoughts are down from a 10/10 to a 3/10.

5 Likes

I’m grateful for my awkwardness because it reminds me that I’m still alive and sober. Embrace the awkwardness and eventually it goes away😀

5 Likes

I am grateful that my warm home is filled with loving creatures. Though I could do without the mice.

2 Likes

I am grateful that I am going to a yoga class today on a bank holiday, unlike a few friends who text me to cancel as they have hangovers.

It reminds me that I would have absolutely done the same thing not so long ago, have lots of great weekend plans and then lie in bed hungover feeling guilty.

2 Likes

Been there as well. Wife says “why don’t we go here on sunday” Saturday night we down loads of wine, then don’t get out of bed till lunch time. Sad. All that wasted time.

2 Likes

I am trying not to be smug and unbearable but it is difficult! :smile:

1 Like

I am grateful that I just had the most productive day in years.

1 Like

Thanks Sarah :slight_smile: Yeah it was a rough ride. Id finish work, go sit in a bar til closing time, drink a bottle of jack and smoke a joint on a park bench then lie awake all night in a conveniently grown hedge. The last time I did that was 55 days ago (3days before my sober date). How the world changes…:slight_smile:

I sincerely hope you’re kicking the shit out of your addiction too! Knock em dead!

2 Likes

I am grateful for my kids (young adults now) who are helping me out in all kinds of loving ways. They’ve grown into wonderful people; I’m really proud of them for their goodness. We’ve had some really happy days lately.

2 Likes

I’m pleased for you mate. Yes, coming up to 8 months sober. My mind is quieter and I can deal with stuff. Healing relationships and making new friends. The best thing I’ve ever done :smile:

2 Likes

I am grateful for having the energy to meal prep on Sundays so I eat healthily most of the week.

I am grateful for my friend who I just skyped. He listened to me about my sobriety and was supportive and curious about it.

2 Likes

Most of all, I am grateful for my son.
I am blessed to have him and he reminds me everyday, just by looking at him, to remain sober.

2 Likes

I have mice too. Lol I scream everytime I see one😂

1 Like

Grateful for staying sober today. I’m grateful for this site. I didn’t get to a meeting today but reading others words of wisdom helped me stay centered.
Thanks everyone for your sharing.

2 Likes