Daily Gratitude Group

BC, Canada. We have good social programs but I am experiencing the many cracks in them.

But I’m fighting back with paperwork and phone calls and everything I’ve got! Something’s gonna change and I’ll get through this!

2 Likes

I’m grateful for the weight I’m losing. I’m on the highway to being fit again😀

What a lovely pic. You two look happy😀

Great album music has been one of my crutches my whole life more so now.

1 Like

Grateful for my rockin’ husband who has been in recovery for 10 years. He has been very understanding through my journey as a drinker, and now quietly supportive (which I like very much) as I abstain from drinking. I couldn’t have found a better mate. I love him dearly.

2 Likes

Collecting records is my biggest hobby, I’ve got nearly 200 albums now. There is nothing like putting on something to spin and giving it your full attention. Its like a form of meditation for me, in a way.

2 Likes

Im with you there. I put an album on and just listen, whether it’s hard rock, progressive, indie, blues, 60’s. Anything really

1 Like

6 Likes

I am grateful to spend tomorrow with my family and friends. Tomorrow will be my husband’s first Thanksgiving off from work in 3 years! I am looking forward to spending a sober Thanksgiving with him and our boys :blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

I love this! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I am also grateful for my legs which allow me to run! Running helps with my anxiety. Running helps me not drink!

2 Likes

I’m grateful that I arrived at LaGuardia safely and without throwing up during a very turbulent descent!!! Had a little conversation with my higher power, which is still new for me. Xx

2 Likes

I’m thankful for AA meetings and PepperJack. I’m grateful I made it over the Thanksgiving hurdle dealing with the craziness of in laws. I would be passed out drunk by now, but instead I hit up a meeting. I got home took my melatonin and now my wienie dog and I are snuggled up in bed watching a horror flick. Life is good. Sweet dreams my lovely friends😘

1 Like

This is awesome :grinning:

1 Like

Im grateful my toaster works. Love a bit of toast.

1 Like

I’m grateful for the rain🤗

3 Likes

Day 37. I am grateful that my liver has withstood the assault of alcohol, and that my blood pressure is normalizing since I stopped drinking. I don’t think my memory or word-finding issues have resolved; I’m told it can take a good 6 months of sobriety to get to mental clarity.

2 Likes

I am grateful for yoga :person_in_lotus_position: Keeps me occupied and gives me strength.

3 Likes

I dont know how active this group is but I have finally learned how important gratitude is for maintaining my mental health and sobriety. And so today I am grateful for the mental clarity and focus to be able to start reading books again.Oh, how I have missed this so much. Just finished up a great self-help book and already started a novel. I haven’t really read for pleasure without having to re-read and lose focus in ages. Already 1/3 way through the book.

4 Likes