Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #2

Pretty cool, actually. Sturdy as all fuck. 0 way to open it early, even by taking out the batteries.

I welcome this new additional safeguard to ensure that I only take my meds as prescribed. The Adderall really tempts me more than any other substance so I’m glad I bit the bullet and ponied up for it.

Already paying dividens as I was getting that familar itch on my way to pick up my rx.

15 Likes

Thanks for mentioning that vegan people doing heavy sport have other “medical baselines” allthough they are doing good and being in good health. Very grateful for your input and sharing :pray: Keep going :heart:

3 Likes

Today I’m grateful for almost everything.
Especially grateful for friends who helped me to turn my garden from a jungle to a garden again.

Grateful I felt good and productive today. Yes, hard work and lots of fun :hugs:
This feels soooo good.
Grateful for the hot shower afterwards, the purring cats on me while resting, delivery service for a delicious meal (reward myself!) and a good talk with a friend in the evening.

A rare day when I felt life is good as it is.
Thanks for the encouragement and wisdom I find here on TS. :pray::heart::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I’m grateful for you, @Dakotahjae. This is a thought I appreciate.
Thank you for your sharing. It helps me with my own struggles and gives me freedom :pray:

10 Likes

Today I am thankful for the strength granted to me in order to resist drinking another day.
I am also thankful for this quote coming across my eyes as I’m getting close to my personal best in sobriety. Reminding me that though I have not succeeded in the past, I have not yet failed either. I’ve found plenty of ways that don’t work and the main one was attempting moderation. Moderation is not the key to me and my alcoholism and I’ve found that through trial and error. I believe as AA teaches, as long as I can resist that first drink, today and repeat, that I will be successful. I hope you all find what works for you.

12 Likes

I am grateful for the breezy day.
Grateful to have a forgiving heart.
Grateful for having a green thumb.
High school football and marching bands.
Halloween costumes.
Friday night dinner with my honey.

Looking forward to a nice sober weekend. Hope you guys have one too!

10 Likes

Im grateful to be going to sleep sober tonight.
Im grateful im off tomorrow and i get to be soending the day, or most of it, at the AA and al anon round up.

@maxwell you doing ok out there? I always watch for your gratitudes. :hugs:

8 Likes

Checking in Grateful. 9 pm on Friday night. Grateful that I had time to reflect today on my Dr appointment yesterday. This was a wellness care visit, with some time for family history etc talk. I just still really struggle to tell my upbringing story simply and straightforwardly. I have remorse for the way I got all twisted up in the old bs stories I was brought up with, even though both of my parents are dead now, I just can’t tell what it was like. It’s unnerving, bc I see so clearly that this dissociation from reality is the type of agitated disorientation that I used to drink at…at least then I had a reason to be discombobulated. Just sitting today in the hard stuff, grateful that I know I’m safe in it, and that my present reality is actually pretty good. Grateful that I know I can work on how to tell my story so that I can do it better. I got a bit taken by surprise yesterday, and went right back to the script my parents would have me recite…“Everything is fine”… Grateful that working the steps with a caring sponsor made it possible for me to get this bit of insight, rather than continuing to run the old family programming. Grateful that if we all stay in the work, we all will get recovery, sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. Take it easy, but take it, ODAAT, Grati-dudes :v::heart::pray:

12 Likes

I am grateful to be present. Grateful for my practice. This early morning guided meditation has me feeling expansive and my consciousness high. Take the same route to Starbucks and the island every other day but today I was hyper aware. Everything was so alive even inanimate objects. I am grateful for certain folks here who have been so welcoming and kind. I feel a connection a loving connection. Thank you Eric,Darcy Shaunds,Stella,and Sassyrocks and more that I am forgetting. Where’s Brian? Haven’t seen him lately. I hold you all in my Hridaya my spiritual heart. I hold this entire community there. Hope everyone has a great weekend filled with joy and compassion and knowing. :v:

10 Likes

Good morning all,
I’m grateful for a good sleep, and good coffee when I wake up. I’m grateful I brought up a topic to my husband that I knew would be very touchy and probably cause anger and hurt feelings from him. I’m grateful for Eric’s quote about get in, get done, get out) or something similar). It was going through my head as I broached the issue. I’m grateful it did in fact cause all the anger and hurt feelings I expected, and I didn’t feel like a drink would help me deal with that. I don’t drink anymore. I’m grateful there are other ways to work through uncomfortable feelings. I’m grateful I have a voice now, instead of just going along because I’m to drunk to care, or can’t remember if I already agreed while I was drunk. Even if it caused a little fight, I’m glad I use my voice now.
I’m grateful that today I will get to see my brother from Portland and his girlfriend :hugs:. They are wonderful people. I’m grateful I have a home to clean, clothes to wash, food and water. I’m grateful for music to help me get the chores done.
@M-be-free49 and @I.cant.We.can, I’m thinking of you both :heart:
Everyone have a wonderful day

11 Likes

Im grateful for you and all of your shares.

I also hope Brian is doing ok.

7 Likes

Darcy congrats on 185 days. That is so awesome. Have fun with your fiance today. Like the Young Rascals sang Love is a beautiful thing

7 Likes

Thanks Billy, unfortunately I’m not feeling he’s my fiance anymore. Not at the moment. He chose to go back out. It’s breaking my heart, especially when I literally passed him on the street yesterday morning when I was walking to a meeting. But I’m even more grateful for my recovery at this point. Grateful for my 191 days. He got himself kicked out of his house last Wednesday, well US kicked out because I was staying there while I was waiting for my room to become available. I was literally on the street with nothing for about 24 hours. But because I was clean AND STAYED clean I got my room opened up right away. He chose to remain out there, he had a place, a diversion Center he could have gone to and gone back to treatment, but we all know how that shit hijacks your brain. So grateful for prayer and faith and hope. Without this I’d be in a dismal spot. But I can only control myself so myself I’m focusing on.
I’m so very grateful recovery clicked for me. I’m very, very, grateful that I will do whatever I must to keep myself from doing any drug, picking up any substance. I KNOW where it leads!! And I’m not willing to go there anymore! I’m so grateful to have woken up in my bed, in my awesome room, in my fabulous new house. Words cannot describe my gratitude for being safe and being clean. Grateful I get to go back to the new job on Monday. Grateful I pulled it all back in so quickly and will continue my life and my recovery. That was an absolutely terrifying 24 hours.
Grateful to be back with all of you. It’s a wonderful sense of normal and calm to check in with you all.
Grateful I got to hang out with my girls last night. Grateful I get to see them again today. :heart:

11 Likes

@Beth82 congratulations on 1 week (and a day now!) That is phenomenal. Very, very, proud!:tada:

5 Likes

@Poriggity I :heart: this

5 Likes

Grateful that you are sharing so much here. You are handling all of the hardship with so much grace and presence of mind. I’m grateful that you have a strong program and enough clean time that you know how much better it is. Keeping you close in my prayer and meditations today :sparkling_heart:
You, too, Brian @I.cant.We.can and Emm @M-be-free49 ! Missing you both and hope all is well, or at least able to be met with acceptance until it passes. Bc this, too, will pass. Impermanence :dizzy:
I woke up around 4:30, meditated and when I opened the curtains there was a tiny sliver of waning moon on the eastern horizon. Stunning. So grateful I saw it. Then, out with a dog (always grateful daily that I don’t fall down the steps!) and there’s Orion. And the twinkly planet below, prolly Venus? Too cloudy for the Pleiades. Grateful for coffee, which I forgot to delay for 2 hours (Huberman Lab recommendation) and the supplements I take early. Ready to walk out and eat grapes. Grateful that they’re seedless red grapes, I planted them years ago. One morning soon, I will wake up and all the grapes will have been eaten by hungry birds. Grateful to share.
Hey, here’s Brian now!!! See, Gratitude Works!!!
Peace Ev’rybody on this Saturday :heart::pray:

14 Likes

Today I am grateful to be gainfully employed in a job that I love. It can be stressful and overwhelming at times, and I just got notified I have an assesent coming up that I’m nervous about. All in all, I am grateful to be sober, and employed.

8 Likes

I’m grateful to God please help me stay clean and sober while following your will, just for today. I’m grateful for my recovery and yours. I’m grateful for ALL my family, friends, TS and the gratidudes. I’m grateful to be halfway through day three. I’m grateful for acceptance that allows me to not be very bothered about not getting to start school. I’m grateful that I got a new full time job driving a forklift on the overnight shift 10:30p.m-7a.m. at a a local fruit growers association. I’m grateful that I got paid already as I started a week and a half ago. I’m grateful to not be too tired from adjusting to a night shift schedule, the first three or four days were a little rough. I’m grateful to have the weekend off. I’m grateful my cousin out in British Columbia gave birth to a healthy baby girl on Thursday I think it was. I’m grateful for keeping a clean home. I’m grateful that I can afford to go do my laundry and groceries later today. I am grateful for @Sunflower1 and was thinking about many of you quite often even when I am not reading or posting regularly, walked by a garden full of sunflowers just last night :smiley: I’m grateful for music, humor and laughter.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. Don’t forget to smile and breathe it feels good and looks great on you. Ya you!!

15 Likes

Life comes at us fast. No choice but to accept life on life’s terms. You know you cannot jeopardize your own sobriety. Stay strong Darcy… I am praying for you and your girls.

8 Likes

I am grateful to be sober and home sober now.
I had a nice afternoon with my friend. We went to the cinemas and I laughed to tears. I needed this.
I feel lonely now. I fancied a glass of wine when I was walking home.
I am grateful I have enough. I am cooking something I like. I am sad right now but I am sober. This has to be enough for tonight.

13 Likes

I’m grateful to be able to spend time having fun with my friends today, without being hungover or dealing with the extra anxiety of alcoholism.

11 Likes