Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #9

I’m grateful for sleeping in quiet mornings.
I’m happily grateful wifey slept in.
I’m happily grateful she’s getting her own coffee this morning.
I’m grateful that and her morning meds I get to fetch for her each morning might be off my to do list in the mornings.

I’m grateful I can rest my foot today.
What up with the feet :foot: 1201 :grinning_face: @Cjp
I’m grateful ice and calf stretches and rest seems to be helping.
I’m grateful for all the little bit of gardening I’ve been able to do.
I’m grateful to try and not do any gardening today to rest my foot. Maybe some plants need water though.
I’m grateful my foot doesn’t hurt if I’m not on it.

I’m grateful for the beautiful marine layer I get to sit in with my hoodie and hot tea now and meditation music.

I’m grateful for all the movies I’ve been able to watch.
I’m grateful I got a movie date with my daughter this afternoon.

I’m grateful I made it to my Al-Anon meeting yesterday. It’s been ages.
I’m grateful it filled my spiritual tank nicely.
I’m grateful I finally get to go to an AA beach meeting tomorrow morning.
I’m grateful I will be strong enough to listen to my feet and not power through a hike.
I’m grateful when I do get to hike at the beach.

I’m grateful we got leftovers for dinner tonight so I don’t have to cook and wifey can eat while I’m gone if she gets hungry.
I’m grateful life is good. Very good. Even amidst the chaos in my mind.
I’m grateful for the noisy humming bird that just zoomed in for a quickie. And we’re back.

I’m grateful for TS and my sobriety.
I’m grateful for all the Gratidudes
:folded_hands:t2::heart:

Over time, gratitude essentially ‘rewires’ the brain, strengthening neural pathways that help youth focus on positive experiences instead of negative ones. This change doesn’t happen overnight, of course, but with practice, gratitude helps individuals adapt to challenges and develop a more optimistic outlook. Another way to say it – practicing gratitude helps build resiliency in the face of adversity. Focusing on gratitude can even improve decision-making and emotional regulation by enhancing prefrontal cortex activity​.
Possibilities For Change

10 Likes