Daily Greeting #2

I’m embarrassed to say this but when I first came here, so many of you were great, I was thinking, “omg, these people are awesome… I’d love to have a few drinks with them!” Now, I realize you’re all pretty great sober :blush: It’s cool to see my mindset changing!

9 Likes

Morning of day 42 for me. Overall I feel like my mood is slowly shifting towards more positive thoughts and not so much missing the drink. I’ll take that!

Sorry to hear that @LovelyLya. it seems to me that overall you are still making progress - in your sobriety and with your daughter. Yes it sucks but it won’t be this way forever. Stay strong. Stay sober.

7 Likes

Group relapse and millions of guilt messages the next morning… Noooo we won’t do that shit :joy:

6 Likes

Right? I rid myself of that thought pretty quickly :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

When @funnydad Chris first started this we used to have little chats and I quite often found myself thinking that I’d like to have a drink with him.
Funny how it takes awhile for the brain to get the memo.
Both @Dejavu Dan and I said when we met in London, that had it been a year before we’d have spent the afternoon In the pub. As it was we both fulfilled a lifelong goal of going to Abbey Road Studios.

8 Likes

Oh thanks Geoff. I was feeling guilty for having those thoughts, so I’m glad you shared I’m not alone. It’s amazing how much alcohol here is involved in social settings & bonding, and it’s evident that it’s worldwide.
Truly though that initial thinking of enjoying drinks with you folks was meant as a compliment lol but even more of a compliment that I’d be willing &happy to socialize sober :blush:

2 Likes

Well I took it as a compliment. It’s definitely how it was meant. There’s a lot of people on here I wish I’d met when I was still drinking.
But then coffee is much better :joy:

5 Likes

I was thinking about Dan yesterday actually, hope you’re doing well @Dejavu!!

6 Likes

We talked about this with an older fellow after a meeting and came to a conclusion that yes, we know our booze and we know how to have fun with it, but we are too familiar with the other side to go back there. And laughed

2 Likes

@keiti oh wow Kairi!!! Is it 4 months already??? Congratulations from me yaaaaaay :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

The idea of having a real life group gathering makes me smile. :slight_smile: And to think I used to make fun of my kids for having online “friends” …telling them they couldn’t possibly be actual friends. My short time on here has proven me incredibly wrong. I feel a kinship here and would be thrilled to meet you all one day.

6 Likes

Good morning everyone! Happy day!

6 Likes

Good Morning James!! Hope you have a lovely day.

1 Like

Good day all. Stay strong. Stay the course. bitmoji-20191023110812

9 Likes

Yeah. My eldest has a friend in Ohio. I used to make fun of her saying that it can’t be a “real friend” little did I understand the joys of online friendship.

5 Likes

I realized my bitmoji has clothes I actually own, so I thought I’d give you all a smile. :grin:

19 Likes

Pretty spot on old boy!

1 Like

That definitely made me chuckle! Custom bitmoji!

1 Like

This smile needs work :thinking::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Thats awesome…

1 Like