Daily Greeting

Happy that you got infected too. The burden is lighter :laughing:

Yeah, but itā€™s crap! :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Craptastic. Keep listening to that zeppelin there :wink: good night :last_quarter_moon_with_face:

2 Likes

Good nigh Hanana. Sleep well.

1 Like

Fortunately itā€™s not myself I have to forgive. But I do need to keep working on forgiving some people who have deeply hurt me. Iā€™m just taking it one day at a time. Feeling very frustrated and angry right now. But I know that in time that will pass. I need to feel the feelings instead of trying to escape.

4 Likes

Then itā€™s on them to carry the burden, my apologies for assuming incorrectly. Itā€™s been my experience that our own offenses are hardest to let go ofā€¦

1 Like

bitmoji-20190927082057

Happy Friday, friends. Just kicking back tonight and watching some TV. It was a mostly crappy week at work. Its 8:30 pm and during my drinking years, I would have been blotto by now. So happy to not have that shit in my life anymore.

Any exciting plans for the weekend? Iā€™m going to my college alma-mater football game tomorrow afternoon with my daughter. Maybe a bike ride. Definitely a nap or two!

11 Likes

Hola amigosā€¦been busting my butt all day to clean my place up for the move back. Home sweet home on Sunday. Plumber/electrician coming tomorrow to put finishing touches on the place. Canā€™t freakinā€™ wait. My son Vincent turns 3 on Monday. Hard to believe! Mostly just moving our stuff from Airbnb to home this weekendā€¦

11 Likes

Busy busy this weekend then Tom. You got that new home smell going on? All paint and thinners?

3 Likes

Totally new home smell :grinning: but today they were cutting wood all day for 3 interior doors. And who doesnā€™t love the smell of fresh cut wood!

4 Likes

Oh yes! I love the cut wood smell! Shame you canā€™t get that as a room defusser scent! Your home could smell like a wood shop all the time.:joy:

3 Likes

No apology needed! I wasnā€™t very clear. Itā€™s all good.

1 Like

Day 18 and day 2. Got work now, see you all in 10 wonderful hours. What a crap sleep that was.

1 Like

Could be Kairi. Obviously Iā€™m no expert but I would look at this as exactly that.
You are doing great and I would imagine that your family donā€™t see any of what you are thinking.
Try to turn that thought around and be positive. Itā€™s a good thing youā€™re procrastinating. Being mindful.
Have a great day.

3 Likes

@keiti darling I rember having exact same feelings last winter. Guilt and willingness to cope it all. Then many people reminded me that sobriety is now prior one, the rest will follow. And it happened. Iā€™m mean I feel much more lighter now and not like Iā€™m a selfish and a bad mom having my own life too. In time you will notice the progress I promise you. Now concentrate on your sobriety and YOU, without care. Remember itā€™s the greatest gift you can give to your children :heart::sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

Gā€™day all. Stay strong. Stay the course.

4 Likes

Kairi, I wish I had a different thought then this but itā€™s the same for me. Iā€™ve isolated myself from most people except my wife and children. My boys get all of my focus and time and it leaves very little for anything else. Iā€™m fine with it though and I do realize I use the excuse of kids baseball for almost everything Iā€™d rather not be part of, which is just about anything with other people. Iā€™m much more at ease or at peace this way. I dont know if itā€™ll ever get back to me being mr. social and Iā€™m not sure how I feel about that. So for now itā€™s just one day at a timeā€¦I hope your situation will get better or at least change a bit to make it easier to copeā€¦

4 Likes

Happy earth rotation, my people! Delicious blustery fall day out here!

Waiting in the airport for my bus back. Ronin has run off and found a slick little lookout spot Iā€™m a little jealous of.

Getting foolish ideas to pounce on unsuspecting travellers, though. Iā€™m giving him the ā€œdonā€™t you dareā€ stare, and so far message received. He knows I can just leave him behind. Itā€™s hard to deliver the stare with a straight face, though, because he gives me this ridiculously sheepish ā€œI know you know what Iā€™m doing but I reeeeallly wannaā€ look. And my mischievous side kinda wants to see what would happenā€¦

Boarding time though now, sigh. Time to wrestle this stowaway furball into my pack again. Always a fun timeā€¦

8 Likes

Well said Chrisā€¦same boat over hereā€¦

3 Likes

Still loving these James, hilarious! Keep ā€˜em coming :joy:

6 Likes