Dam it again!

Do you have you seen any data on Naltrexone and alcohol cravings?

Some of the original stuff by Joe Volpicelli and the Penn/Philly VA group. Late 80’s references.

Looking into it! Thank you! I almost moved to AZ 7 years ago!

All very hard questions for me to answer right now. I am willing to do anything but i have to understand that sobriety is a series of small victories and sacrafisces everyday. Not just having the desire is enough.

1 Like

Are there any side effects to those? And how long did you use them? Arent i a hypocrite to now worry about my liver and kidneys? I tend to do that. Super concerned and cautious with prescription meds, but i was able to down bottles without giving it a thought😖

1 Like

Talk to your primary care provider about that stuff. They may want to get a liver panel or other tests.

1 Like

I screwed up again and i am trying to figure out my triggers. Can one be calm in a chaotic place, or is it just a matter of time?

What helps me in these situations, especially if I am with my kid…I think about how they just enjoy any situation with no influence (except maybe sugar). They make the best out of any situation. I try to channel that and the just enjoy bring sober with my kid.

An example of any situation: we drove 13 hrs straight yesterday into the wee hours, which before being sober would have made me so irritated because I couldn’t drink. My daughter pretended she was camping! She had a sleeping bag and snacks and it was dark! Love it. Can learn so much from them!

3 Likes

You can definitely be in chaos and feel calm. Try not to have too much caffeine if you get anxious, when stuff gets crazy have a chocolate

2 Likes

It really is just a matter of not picking up the first drink, through whatever it is. I get cravings when I am anxious, sad, happy, tired, awake, calm, good day, bad day, holiday, regular day. The three week point is where I have been caving. Am I still in detox? Nope. I just decide I need a drink for whatever (insert excuse here) reason. Then, I have a drink. Each time, it gets harder to get back to day one.

Meetings are in my gameplan this time. Clearly, doing it on my “own,” even with the help of this forum, is not working.

2 Likes

So just transport myself somewhere else? I used to do that with books, but i cant even read peacfully in my house anymore. Kids do have a great ability to mentally escape. I see it with my son all the time, even if im yelling at him one minute, the next hes in space on Battlestar Galactica!!!:hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Exactly what i am going through. Like i dont know how to handle or do with my emotions when they arise, because i am just used yo drinking to resolve anything

I am having a lot of home stress. Where it isnt safe at home because my parents are always fighting,and it isnt safe outside either. last night my dad fell downstairs drunk claiming he was “leaving my mom” calling her all sorts of disgusting names after she has devoted 35 yrs to him. My neighbors were coming out, and it was so embarrassing, and worrisome for him. My son was watching all this and i buckled and had a six pack delivered… I am planning a move but even that stresses me because my mom keeps hinting she should go with me. She has been a great mom, but always on top of me and in my business, doesnt respect privacy or boundaries and i really want to be my own woman, with my son and find a new partner. She is stifling me, and giving me guilt trips left and right. Im thirty and have never been able to do my own thing w/o my parents input. I am finally in the place where i can, and my mother wants to go with me!!! And bring my 23 yo brother whom doesnt work or contribute in any way, just so you know my mom doesnt work either.so you can picture what im picturing my life to end up like.

Not being funny but you have to seriously just think of yourself here. And your kid of course. Is there not some sort of women’s refuge you can get to or something.
You can tell me to mind my own if you like but it seems like while you are in that situation you will never sort yourself out.

3 Likes